Hey
umm, when i try and solo my hand is like rubbing on the volume knob, turning it off all the time (hate my guitar for that)
any ideas how to fixx this problem?
If you're in the habit of playing where your hand'll do that and don't want to change as previously suggested, maybe you could take the volume nob off when you have it where you want it.
had a feeling there were gunna be some smart alic replys
i cant move my hand, not becuase im used to it, just how its built
search esp m100fm ltd, and look where the pinky goess... no room..
Quote by SilentGhost
move your hand

^^^
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
search fender stratocaster. and look at the distance between the strings and the volume knob.
yngwie malmsteen must have changed its place to be able to play at all!
or maybe he just uses playback.
You have got to be the laziest fool I've ever seen. "I can't move it!?" Sounds more like "I don't want to put in the extra effort," and how in the world can the way it is built affect wether or not you can move your hand around?

I have a Kramer Striker and theres not much room there either. Yet, I've never blamed my f*cking guitar.

Do you blame the tools or the mechanic? Do you blame the ball or the player?

It's not that the wrench won't unthighten the nut, it's because the mechanic is too damn lazy to find the right one.

It's not that the ball wont go into the players hand, it's that the player has butterfingers.

MOVE YOUR HAND!
Last edited by The.new.guy at Sep 2, 2008,
umm...
i was using that so people understand where im talking about
when i solo my hand still touches the knob
i dont touch the guitar with my hand..
If you refuse to move your hand, then I'd tape it down.

Or get a hair scrunchie thing, and wrap it underneath the volume knob, so there's extra friction with the guitar body keeping it in place.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by ESPM100
umm...
i was using that so people understand where im talking about
when i solo my hand still touches the knob
i dont touch the guitar with my hand..

Ok... looking back at that post, I kinda over-reacted.

Honestly though, you can't blame your guitar for your problems. That does only go to some extent though.

This might clearify what I'm talking about.

I used to dig in on the higher strings because I didn't get much sound when I didn't. This, in turn, kept me slow for a very long time. The whole reason I wasn't getting much sound was the pickups. I still haven't changed them out but hey, at least I know I can fix THAT problem later.

I don't see the need to spend $100+ on an evo pickup on a guitar that didn't even cost $500. It IS a very nice guitar for the price though!

So, as you can see, there are times when the guitar IS at fault, but you should find the reason, fix it if you can, and then move on.
and the.new.guy...
when did i blame my guitar?
i said "hate my guitar for that" cause i dont like where the knob is, aside from my hand issue
i guess i should be posting somewhere else, cause all ive gotten on this site was people making me feeel stupid... sorry if i friken worded it wrong... god damn..

EDIT: i thought this forum was to help eachother out, not have a highschool flashback..
Last edited by ESPM100 at Sep 2, 2008,
but it's not the guitar's fault. as i mentioned before, the fender strat has less room between the knob and the strings. it's his fault the volume is being turned down.
you just shouldn't do whatever you're doing. if you're playing with your fingers pointing at the floor, and steel stiff, either stop pointing, or loosen them up.

done.
Quote by ESPM100
had a feeling there were gunna be some smart alic replys
i cant move my hand, not becuase im used to it, just how its built
search esp m100fm ltd, and look where the pinky goess... no room..

Were you talking about the guitar or your hand?

Quote by Phill-Rock
If you refuse to move your hand, then I'd tape it down.

Or get a hair scrunchie thing, and wrap it underneath the volume knob, so there's extra friction with the guitar body keeping it in place.

That is a VERY good idea!
the guitar,, but since i have the stupid floyd rose, it forces me to do an akward postion and its unconfortable
Quote by ESPM100
the guitar,, but since i have the stupid floyd rose, it forces me to do an akward postion and its unconfortable

you never blamed the guitar
again
Quote by The.new.guy
That is a VERY good idea!

Yes, it is, isn't it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
my right hand is around my dick while soloing

not all the time
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
ramm_ty..
thats just, not needed...
ima do that hair scrunchie thing.. thanks guys