I have been playing guitar for a little while now and am wondering what are the steps to becoming a post hardcore guitarist. My influences are From First to Last, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and Dance Gavin Dance.
Listen to what kinds of techniques they use, and utilize similar techniques in your songs.
practice?
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
drop D/drop C tunings, palm muting, chromatic riffing, pinch harmonics and doing all of those mentioned while jumping around headbanging.

good luck.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Can anyone suggest a tab (or tabs) that I should practice with before making my own songs?
Quote by Tiki Rock
I have been playing guitar for a little while now and am wondering what are the steps to becoming a post hardcore guitarist. My influences are From First to Last, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and Dance Gavin Dance.

Yes I've been wondering the steps needed to learn that too, ah damn chromatic riffs? isn't diatonic easier than chromatic?
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
bump

I also wanted to know what I would need to know if I wanted to play Atreyu, Alesana and Chiodos? oh, and what kind of guitar effect would you need for post hardcore overall? distortion or overdrive? something else?

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-
Well you obviously need distortion, overdrive would be for the best. Look up Tabs for bands you want to sound like and use the techniques they do. Mostly power chords I would imagine.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Nothing too difficult. The genre is getting a little generic though, so try to spice things up a bit.

Yea, my friend and I thought of sort of a rap/rock thing somewhat, since he only liked rap before he met me

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
-Shopping list-