So as the name say this is between the Jackson Mark Morton Dominion and the Jackson RR3. So if you know of any cons and pros of each let me know. trying to find a new guitar to buy I have a Jackson DKMG and i love the way it plays but its a bitch to tune , but never goes out of tune unless i break a string and i know the RR3 will b the same but ill just leave it in drop C.
Equipment

Guitar
- Jackson DKMG DINKY(EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez S5470 Prestige(Air Classic/FS-1/D sonic)

Amp
- Randall RX120RH and RX412 Half Stack

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
Equipment

Guitar

Amp

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
Quote by tow3lie
So as the name say this is between the Jackson Mark Morton Dominion and the Jackson RR3. So if you know of any cons and pros of each let me know. trying to find a new guitar to buy I have a Jackson DKMG and i love the way it plays but its a bitch to tune , but never goes out of tune unless i break a string and i know the RR3 will b the same but ill just leave it in drop C.

Good luck finding a reasonably priced dominion. I share your sentiment about the DKMG, it really is a bitch to alternate tune. The rr3 is a solid guitar and would probably do you decently.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by jetfuel495
the dominion is gonna have a higher build quality, will probablyplay better, and has a fixed bridge so tuning won't be an issue. It'll also be way more expensive.

And more versatile due to the coil splitting feature.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
what type of music do you play?
you said drop C so that im assuming means the heavier things so im going to go with the jackson rr3.
you can really shred on it but the bridge pickup isnt that great compared to the neck
the dominion is a better choice if you are looking for a very versatile guitar.Tuning is simple.However the expense is higher.
k
most the time I play Metal and hard rock but from time to time i play blues and soft songs
EX: From Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Led Zeppelin,BLS, Seether, BFMV just a few could go on for ever but you get the idea most metal but a few soft songs here and there
Equipment

Guitar

Amp

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
The Mark Morton is double the price of the RR3? I'd say get 2 RR3s
Quote by Seef
The Mark Morton is double the price of the RR3? I'd say get 2 RR3s

good idea one for all my tunings i use
Equipment

Guitar

Amp

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
I would definitely go with the Dominion. Looking at the specs, it's a killer guitar. You get a chambered body, nice quilt, tons of tone options, nice inlays, and it's just a very different guitar from everything else.

if you play stuff besides just METAALLL, like blues, country, whatever, it's definitely the guitar you should go for. Besides, everyone has the RR3. get something different.
Why dont you sell the DKMG and buy with the total amount of money you got, a nice second hand USA Jackson?

That would be THE best thing ever. Im sure you can find some on ebay for 1200-1500$
Quote by steel337
Besides, everyone has the RR3. get something different.

Yeah but everyone has em for a reason. They're good solid guitars with good pickups ( That's preference though ) and a nice trem that won't crap out on you like some others in the price range. And the RR shape is pretty ****ing awesome.
Quote by weebl&bob
Why dont you sell the DKMG and buy with the total amount of money you got, a nice second hand USA Jackson?

That would be THE best thing ever. Im sure you can find some on ebay for 1200-1500$

i would never sell off my sexy beast no matter how much tuning it pisses me off.
and plus i have up to 1500 to work with that's one reason i picked the Dominion.
Equipment

Guitar

Amp

Effects
- Digitech GNX3
well, then i'd certainly go second hand and buy a Jackson USA (SL2H or a KV2 or a KE2 if you want 24 frets)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Try looking at some Jackson Stars on Ebay... having one shipped over might be expensive.
out of those 2 ill take the dom... coz believe me or not mark plays a lot of blues when hes not jammin with LOG or onstage. which means a LOT of the time. and he said thats one of the main reasons he's so happy with his guitar. pure metal and pure blues from the same guitar. what more can anyone ask for? look it up online. i read it in one of his interviews.
Quote by jayeshrc
out of those 2 ill take the dom... coz believe me or not mark plays a lot of blues when hes not jammin with LOG or onstage. which means a LOT of the time. and he said thats one of the main reasons he's so happy with his guitar. pure metal and pure blues from the same guitar. what more can anyone ask for? look it up online. i read it in one of his interviews.

i bet that is also not the same guitar. Mark will use a CS USA model.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
People talking about the price of the Dominion: Don't you think it's expensive for a reason beyond just the fact that it has the LOG name stuck to it? Maybe you're actually paying for a good, quality instrument that's versatile and unique? *shrugs*
Quote by LP_CL
i bet that is also not the same guitar. Mark will use a CS USA model.
Exact same specs, just better build quality and wood selection in the CS model. But then again, it's a CS, and all people with signature guitars use the CS models. That doesn't mean the floor models will suck balls (in all cases).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores