Yeah! I just bought my first electric guitar! An Ibanez GAX70. Yeah, I'm a beginner. The price was right ($100)! I hope to have some pix up on the profile soon. Boy, I'm excited!
Congrats and welcome to the world of guitar. It's a fun and interesting place, just make sure to ignore the idiots that you'll inevitably run in to.

UG has a ton of useful information in it's many threads and there are quite of few individuals who can provide useful information if you have specific questions.

/tour guide

Seriously though congrats.
Haha, I remembered when i got my first electric. Such a fun time from trying to bend on acoustic strings and crap T_T
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
welcome to the zoo....tell the monkeys to get back in their cages if they bitch to much,we all gotta start with what we can afford.Good luck.
Where'd you get it from? I've gotten all of my guitars from the Daddy's in Burlington, great shop.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Where'd you get it from? I've gotten all of my guitars from the Daddy's in Burlington, great shop.

I bought the guitar used, but the gig bag says Daddy's. I've been to the one in Burlington, and it's a nice one.
Congrats, I love those cheap Ibanezes
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
GOD! You are in for a changing way in your life! If you are devoted enough to the instrument you will have fun, and learn to express your self without having to sing ^^(i find guitar is WAY more fun than to sing) It is hard at the start, and kind of noisy and annoying(at least to me!) But becomes funner and funner, it's all muscle memory! So Welcome! and don't give up on it!
Congrats dude... The road to becoming an epic guitar player is long and crowded full of idiot... just keep on going ^^ nd dont give up no matter how hard things get
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar