I've got my road test tomorrow.

I normally would be excited except I failed the same test twice already. The driving instructors there are incredibly picky and it's gotten to the point where I was failed for appearing uncomfortable around heavy traffic, when I did everything else right.

My parents can't drive me around anymore as they're really busy and I need a car to get to classes and cover some of my parents errands.

Any tips? I keep hearing the same thing over and over "don't be nervous" but on my last test this lady found a problem with every nuance of my driving. How the heck can I not be nervous? I'm screwed tomorrow.

Seriously though, anyone know what I can do?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
you could've looked at the paper they gave you with all the mistakes you made and work on those... but the test is tomorrow so you're pretty much screwed

good luck, though
I see no sign of fortress.
Yeah, you're pretty screwed.

Good luck, though.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Just hope that your instructor tomorrow isn't mental. You'll do fine. Drive like you know what you're doing (even if you don't), and you'll do fine!

Good luck!
Quote by Phorgot
you could've looked at the paper they gave you with all the mistakes you made and work on those... but the test is tomorrow so you're pretty much screwed

good luck, though

this.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
if u get to a 4 way at the same time as the other person, person on the right goes 1st.... use turn signals EVERY time ur going to turn.... check ur blind spot before changing lanes.

thats all i can remember from drivers ed now. but when in doubt... try to seduce her/him.
Quote by MV4824
She's a "new girl".. when did she ship to your home? What condition was she in?

Make sure to give the seller good feedback on ebay.. we all know humans are just objects after all.
Drugs? Alchohol? both are good to calm the nerves! Just no good for driving skills!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
You're too nervous. Driving isn't a big deal. If you're not ready to drive in heavy traffic, don't get your license. The last thing needed on the street is a scared teenage driver.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
that sucks
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Im gonna be doing the same thing in December. Im so jittery when Im driving with an instructor, but when Im driving alone, I perfectly fine. Luckly for me, the area I drive around has virtually no traffic, and passing it will be a breeze.
Quote by creeping.death!
Smoke some weed. At least you'll be relaxed.

oh hell no, id be paranoid out of my skull.
Quote by MV4824
She's a "new girl".. when did she ship to your home? What condition was she in?

Make sure to give the seller good feedback on ebay.. we all know humans are just objects after all.
I find it hard to believe that people fail those things.
Looking for my India/Django.
This thread doesn't make me feel much better about my roads test coming up in a few months.
I passed on my first try, easy as cake. Where did that term come from? What exactly about cake is so easy? Does it sleep around?

Oh, and I'm aware this does nothing to help you, but what can I do
Thanks for the posts, you either had good advice or made me laugh.

So update: I've been driving around the empty neighborhood for the last half hour. I can parallel park alright and do a double u turn. I also spent some time reading through the manual for right of way etc..

BTW i've been driving for nearly two years now and alot of people think I drive very well. I can do the maneuvers and know the rules, but I just mess up with an instructor.

I guess i'll let everyone know if I fail tomorrow...or pass (unlikely).
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Yeah so.......

I passed.

Fap. Actually it's a serious advice as it relieves stress and releases Endorphins, which in turn helps you to focus.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Last edited by Wigert at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by Wigert
Fap. Actually it's a serious advice as it relieves stress and releases Endorphins, which in turn helps you to focus.

It just makes me tired and makes me want to go to sleep.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Congrats I've got my third test coming up soon. I really wanna do it this time.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
^ Wish you the best of luck.

I honestly didn't think I could make it but the instructor only marked me off for one thing. I couldn't believe it when she said i'd passed.

I guess that last minute driving I did at midnight helped.

Quote by creeping.death!
Congrats.

Thanks.

Quote by RobinTrower12
Nice job. My road test is in a week..I still can't to stall parking properly!

I had to practice for about two days straight to get parallel parking right. I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Good, I take full credentials and responsibility for your license.

Of course, if it wasn't for you guys in this thread....would I have passed???

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Sep 2, 2008,