Hey I just figured I'd announce that I just went to my first concert ever at the Canfield Fair here in Ohio and it was a pretty damn great show.Anyone else here go?
me actually, it was good, but i wish they would have played Red White and Blue.
I wish I went. I actually saw Skynyrd last year when they had the Rowdy Frynds tour. It was an amazing show. Sounds like you had a great experience with your first concert.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I hate that song SOO much. New Lynyrd Skynyrd is bull****, they shouldn't even have the same name. They are't really Lynyrd Skynyrd without Ronnie Van Zant imo.

You see, i kind of agree with you, but kind of not. They should have gotten Ed King to play guitar, being that he was an original member. And if anyone was gonna take up Ronnie's job, they got the most legitimate replacement they possibly could have.
I think the fact that kid rock is opening for them kinda demotes them and they only have like 2 original members but it sounds like you had a good time and that's really what matters. When I saw the allman brothers they only had 2 original members and that was a great show

PS: my first concert I saw jeff beck open for carlos santana......fuq yeah.......
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by martyr1130
You see, i kind of agree with you, but kind of not. They should have gotten Ed King to play guitar, being that he was an original member. And if anyone was gonna take up Ronnie's job, they got the most legitimate replacement they possibly could have.

It's not the same though. Even though it is his brother their new singer sucks. And their new music isn't even southern rock anymore, it's just slick nashville country. Not that they play that stuff live because these days they are more of a nostalgia act than anything so they just play their hits.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
It's not the same though. Even though it is his brother their new singer sucks. And their new music isn't even southern rock anymore, it's just slick nashville country. Not that they play that stuff live because these days they are more of a nostalgia act than anything so they just play their hits.

I thought his brother was in .38 Special or something like that, I guess they broke up years ago and I never paid much attention to them? To be honest, I haven't really had anything to do with post-plane crash Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I saw them a while back with Hank Williams. They were terrible. They have no stage capability anymore.
i think johhny is a badas s singer its just that he'll never be the songwriter ronnie was and didnt ed king die before lynyrd skynyrd reformed? i may be wrong but i thought he died from pneumonia after he was paralyzed in a car wreck,

edit: ok just looked it up and ed king is still alive and kicking but i know it was another member of the band i just cant think of who
Last edited by dmiwshicldply at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Ronnie's brother Donnie was in .38 Special, Johnny is their new singer. (Geddit? They all rhyme lolololol)

Oh, okay. Now it all makes sense

Edit: No it doesn't, whatever happened to .38 Special? They still around?
Quote by dmiwshicldply
i think johhny is a badas s singer its just that he'll never be the songwriter ronnie was and didnt ed king die before lynyrd skynyrd reformed? i may be wrong but i thought he died from pneumonia after he was paralyzed in a car wreck,

edit: ok just looked it up and ed king is still alive and kicking but i know it was another member of the band i just cant think of who

allen collins
UG's Prodigal Son