Hey, I read about this song (actually called Gloomy Sunday). Its a song that has been linked (not 100% linked) to like over 100 suicides over the past 70-80 years (because it is so depressing).. I thought it'd be interesting to listen to it.. And, I'm kinda surprised.. It isn't very sad (the lyrics are depressing, but overeall it isn't bad).. Check it out.. Tell me what you guys think

http://www.mp3-center.org/download_mp3/%20Billie%20Holiday%20And%20The%20Ken%20Burns%20Jazz/Gloomy%20Sunday/8490100
Quote by bendystraw

"dOOd your guitars way out of tune."

me:"its in drop D idiot"

him:"ill drop D on your mom!"
the guy who wrote it was a failed composer and lived his whole adult life with his partner trying to make it.

she eventually left him and in his lowest point he wrote gloomy sunday.

she heard it and took her own life.

i dont think its that sad a song, but its beautifully written, i guess it really struck home with the people of that time, we have different things to be depressed about these days.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Old song is old.

i've listened to it before, nothing happened.
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
It's sort of happy ...
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by McLovin-
It's sort of happy ...

Then again, Betterman by Pearl Jam also sounds pretty happy until you realise it's about a woman in an abusive relationship that can't bring herself to get out of it. I think it's pretty clever when a sad song uses happier phrasing and melody.
the lyrics were kind of sad, but i dont think the song had any negative effect on me.

i actually kind of liked it.
I don't think it'll have any negative effects on me. I just listened to 5 Years Time by Noah and the Whale. That song is way too damn happy. Seeqpod it!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I've heard a LOT of songs that were sadder than this I have to agree..But.. This was also made in the Great Depression.. And Hungary at that.. Making it even worse.. So it does make sense that this could be coincidence.. But I still think it is awefully interesting.. I read that people were clutching the sheet music when they killed themselves, they played to song (looped it) Until someone found them dead.. Like it's weird..
Quote by bendystraw

"dOOd your guitars way out of tune."

me:"its in drop D idiot"

him:"ill drop D on your mom!"
The creepypasta that I'm guessing the OP read off of Dramatica:

"Szomorú Vasárnap" or "Gloomy Sunday" in English, is a hit song written in 1933 by Hungarian composer Rezső Seress. It's more commonly known as "The Hungarian Suicide Song" because of hundreds (if not thousands) of suicides that had been inspired by listening to it. The song itself has been has been covered several times, most famously by Billie Holiday, and for the most part is considered an urban legend and a brilliant marketing campaign.

The version that reached radio waves, however, is not the version that was originally written. Rezső Seress originally wrote the song in order to woo his girlfriend, who had recently left him. The song succeeded in bringing them back together for a short time, before she jumped from his apartment window. Rezső had been out at the time. His girlfriend left a note for him: "Szomorú Vasárnap."

The song was changed before release. Rezső Seress himself committed suicide in January 1968, jumping out of his window in very much the same manner his girlfriend did.

And strange, I though all of the creepypasta was made up, makes me wonder about some of the other stuff I've read.
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2