Here, I'll follow the guidelines in the sticky:

What are you looking for? 6 string electric for rhythm/lead metal work.

Would you prefer it to be from a certain brand? no, as long as its reputable.

What type of music do you play? I'm looking for a metal guitar, I already have my RG321MH with Dimarzio Breeds for everything from Blues to Hard Rock and Thrash

What type of tone are you looking for? I want cutting palm mutes and super tight bass. I'll be playing lots of CoB, At The Gates, In Flames, LoG, Metallica, Megadeth, and the like.

Whats your price range?$500 to $900

How many frets? 24 would be sweet, but I don't mind only having 22. I'm more of a rhythm player anyway.

What type of wood? Anything but plywood

How many pickups / what type of pickups? Supposedly you don't need hot pickups with a heavy amp (Bugera 6260), so I'm open for suggestions here. I don't care whether its active or passive. I am also cool with the idea of only having a bridge pup

What style would you like? I don't want a super strat or an LP shape.

How many strings? 6-Strings

Additional Requirements: I prefer hard-tail bridges because I like to change tunings alot, but since this will mainly be a metal axe, I could see myself settling on a FR equipped guitar.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
... dont be a sheep, go out there any play around, dont let UG tell you what to do, get something that you feel is "RIGHT" youll know when you find it.... metal is in the player not the guitar, you can play metal on anything if you use an amp with a good amount of gain... its more in the pickups, and you can always swap those out... but if your looking for metal out of the box i would check out Ibanez, Schecters, ESP / LTD, Jackson, and Gibson i think those may be your best bet... theres alot to choose from all those
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
... dont be a sheep, go out there any play around, dont let UG tell you what to do, get something that you feel is "RIGHT" youll know when you find it.... metal is in the player not the guitar, you can play metal on anything if you use an amp with a good amount of gain... its more in the pickups, and you can always swap those out... but if your looking for metal out of the box i would check out Ibanez, Schecters, ESP / LTD, Jackson, and Gibson i think those may be your best bet... theres alot to choose from all those

I would love to buddy, but the closest guitar shop that stocks anything but squire and fender is a 5 hour drive.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
You could take a look at an Explorer, such as the Dean Z, or perhaps an Epiphone. Even better if you can find a used Gibby, the fret access is great, and the sound is pretty balls to the wall.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Jackson DKMG Dinky for FR or DKMGT for adjustable string-through-body bridge. They are both equip with EMG81/85.
Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.