Poll: Which ***bridge*** pickup?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which ***bridge*** pickup?
Duncan Distortion SH-6 - hmmm!
2 40%
Duncan Custom SH-5 - Ooooo!
3 60%
Voters: 5.
Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion Humbucker Pickup

or

Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom Guitar Pickup

-Differences?

-Do coils split on both?

-Thanks
upgrading bridge pickup: Peavey HP EXP

-Peavey EFX100 head (don't make it anymore so you might not have heard of it)
-Peavey XXX bottom.

I'm leaning twards the Custom, but I'd like someone to explain the differences.

-Thanks
they're both ceramic mag pickups. Custom doesn't get muddy at drop tuning. i think that is the same with the Distortion. i like the clean sound of the Distortion. Distortion has more mids than Custom. i'd pick the Custom for dropped tuned songs but i'd go for the Distortion for versatility.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I don't know if I can explain the differences. Have you been to the Duncan web site and reviewed the Tone Chart? I have a TB-11 Custom Custom which I like but it is an Alnico II magnet. I believe all can be installed as split coil.

you can also call Duncan's customer service number...they would be happy to help you. good luck.
Quote by leviticus_22953
they're both ceramic mag pickups. Custom doesn't get muddy at drop tuning. i think that is the same with the Distortion. i like the clean sound of the Distortion. Distortion has more mids than Custom. i'd pick the Custom for dropped tuned songs but i'd go for the Distortion for versatility.

I think I want the custom cus it has (from what I've heard) a heavyer sound than the distortion.

I want, chunky, bassy, but also cutting trough the mix.

Also I've heard the distortion gets muddier easier than the custom.

(I could be wrong)