Poll: Self defense with deadly force?
Poll Options
View poll results: Self defense with deadly force?
Yes, and I would
42 78%
Yes, but I wouldn't
6 11%
No
6 11%
Voters: 54.
I was having a discussion with a friend today and wondered how the pit would see it.

Should people be able to use deadly force in self defense?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Depends on the situation.

If your life is in danger, yes.

If you're being bullied, no.
Yeah.. with just reason.

"I Killed em, cuz he looked at me!" = Bad

"I killed em, cause he raped my wife, and Stole my Eggo Waffles!" = A Ok.
Hells yeah we should! I've been looking for a way to get rid of the wife without losing half my junk! Domestic violence is the answer!
Quote by garrett5
Yeah.. with just reason.

lmao leggo my eggo!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by garrett5
Yeah.. with just reason.

**** him for stealing my god damn eggo waffles I mean he can rape my wife all he wants but touch my waffles and I'm gonna have to choke a bitch.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
No. Having come back from Iraq and been in a situation where it was authorized, I still haven't. It was legal over there, but you can't win their hearts and minds when you're killing them because you can.

If someone was using deadly force against me, then I would. Like someone said, if a life is in danger, it's socially acceptable.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
well deadly force is very specific

you can shoot him at the knee or shoulder, tell him to **** off and call an ambulance to take him away lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
i no that if your getting your ass beat and then you pucnh the guy and he gets knocked out you can jump on him n keep going.you could get charged i thnk
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Hell yeah I would. I just got a cane for $16 in Chicago's Chinatown on Saturday. It has a dead scorpion encased in glass at the top, and when you unscrew that part, there's a 12" blade! What a perfect use!

EDIT: Wow, I sound like a crazed lunatic…
only on tuesdays
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
I answered no, however that is not completely reflective of my feelings. It may be justified in the most rare of circumstances. I think any pre-emptive use of deadly force is unacceptable in again, all but the most very rare of situations. The 'reasonableness' of using deadly force in any given situation should be held to a very high standard. I also think that anyone who acts in a situation of self defence must be brought to trial on a relevant charge (I recently read of a man in Texas who shot and killed two men burgling his neighbour's house who was not even charged).

Certainly the use of deadly force, or the infliction of grievous bodily harm to protect property should be illegal.
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Sep 2, 2008,
yes i think people should be allowed to defend themselves with deadly force.

but i think any instance of someone using deadly force in "self defense" should be thoroughly investigated.

i would use deadly force if i felt it was necessary to prevent my own death or serious injury.
Quote by garrett5
Yeah.. with just reason.

this actually

but iwouldn't
I don't see how using defending yourself with deadly force if an aggressor is threatening your life could possibly be unjustified. What do people expect- just take any harm done to you and wait for the police to come and sort it out? If someone pulled a knife on me and I had a gun you could expect that person to be destroyed.
Quote by GerGuam
I don't see how using defending yourself with deadly force if an aggressor is threatening your life could possibly be unjustified. What do people expect- just take any harm done to you and wait for the police to come and sort it out? If someone pulled a knife on me and I had a gun you could expect that person to be destroyed.

To some, manslaughter and murder are at the same level
(though this isn't my personal view)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by GerGuam

The risks in overly condoning the use of deadly force as a means of self defence are that:
a) it may promote the disproportionate (unreasonable) use of force in circumstances that can not be said to truly warrant it.
b) it may also provide for rash decisions. While, as you say, pulling a knife on someone may imply that they are threatening your life, in the majority of cases that is unlikely to be their intention (it is more likely their intention is theft). In that case, to use lethal force would be wholly disproportionate. To condone the use of deadly force in such a situation is contrary to other more preferred measures such as co-operation or other non-lethal action.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people here, especially Americans, who disagree with me.

Edit: here is the example I mentioned earlier http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/17/national/main3517564.shtml?source=mostpop_story

A quote from that article made me think - overly condoning deadly force allows the self-defender to act as 'judge, jury, and executioner'. The situation you are in have may other factors unknown to you. For example, I may have inadvertently strayed onto someone's property - they may feel threatened by my trespass and raise a firearm or knife in an attempt to remove me from their property. I will obviously feel threatenedd by their behaviour, not knowing of my own trespass, and according to some of the posts in this thread I would be justified in killing this person, despite me being in the legal wrong.
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by Kiwi Ace
The risks in overly condoning the use of deadly force as a means of self defence are that:
a) it may promote the disproportionate (unreasonable) use of force in circumstances that can not be said to truly warrant it.
b) it may also provide for rash decisions. While, as you say, pulling a knife on someone may imply that they are threatening your life, in the majority of cases that is unlikely to be their intention (it is more likely their intention is theft). In that case, to use lethal force would be wholly disproportionate. To condone the use of deadly force in such a situation is contrary to other more preferred measures such as co-operation or other non-lethal action.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people here, especially Americans, who disagree with me.

I see. I guess my views are too far skewed to hold a "moral" position on this type of thing. The way I see is if some dickweed is a big enough piece of shit to try and rob me with a deadly weapon then they deserve to die. But I suppose some people actually place value on every person, regardless of actual character.
Quote by GerGuam
I see. I guess my views are too far skewed to hold a "moral" position on this type of thing. The way I see is if some dickweed is a big enough piece of shit to try and rob me with a deadly weapon then they deserve to die. But I suppose some people actually place value on every person, regardless of actual character.

I feel every life is valuable, and I think everyone has the right to due process. However, in saying that I can foresee the use of deadly force being acceptable in some very rare circumstances; ie where it is objectively clear there is no other option but to use it.
Quote by garrett5
Yeah.. with just reason.

I lol'd
Now this is the problem in the first place! You can say you defended yourself even if you killed the waffeldude in cold blood. He could be just hungry and was happily muching the waffels when you wife came in and since he was in such a good mood after the yummi waffels, he was honry and your wife the stupid woman saw a horny waffle eating guy and assumed it was you!

And now the wife of the waffleguy is pist at you and sends the pizzadeliveryboy after your ass.

And now look what you did! This is totally spiraling outta control! Would make a good saturday morning movie though...
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?