Well first off I'm the bassist in the band, but I play drums almost equally to our drummer, and guitar better then our second guitarist.

Situation is:
Lead guitarist likes; Classic Metal, Modern Metal, Classic Rock.
Drummer Likes; Death Metal, Metal.
Second Guitarist Likes: Punk, Ska, modern warp tour kinda bands.
I Like: Everything. From Heavy Metal To techno. From classical to "emo". get it?

We have been playing together for about 2 months, and are have met a potential singer. "She" is likes the same stuff, well as me. Pretty much everything.

The current band wants to sound somewhere inbetween lets say MSI and Bullet for my valentine. A bit different style of music, but we wish to find a happy medium.

However she could not sing heavy, or scream. At first she lost all interest because we wanted somewhat heavy, but I talked to her and now shes interest and coming over tommorow to meet all the band members.

Um. Sooo. We might have a singer, who can't do heavy at the moment, who might not "want" to do heavier stuff. I was thinking, well I can kinda do backround vocals, but actually our drummer, can... So we can have heavy vocals with me and my drummer, while she sings lead.

I just need new thoughts Ideas or w/e to aid in this situation.
For real real, not for play play.
The Joker has the Goblin by his little explosive pumpkin balls.
think iwrestledabearonce they have a female singer
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Just do an emo/punk sort of band but add in between some metalcore pedal point riffs...
Terrible mistake.

Don't define yourself. That's what people on MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, UG, GarageBand, PureVolume, and every single place you play are for. You just worry about writing good music, and don't worry about it if one of your songs sound like a Foo Fighters song, yet the next is similar to a Hellogoodbye tune. It's your music, and no matter how good you guys are, you'll have just as many enemies and you will have fans.

Look at Green Day, for example. They have a worldwide fanbase that they've grown for a decade and a half now, but if you look at the comments of every single UG article about them, not everyone likes them. Same goes for bands like Fall Out Boy and Metallica.

So just worry about making music, kay?
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker
Terrible mistake.

Don't define yourself. That's what people on MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, UG, GarageBand, PureVolume, and every single place you play are for. You just worry about writing good music, and don't worry about it if one of your songs sound like a Foo Fighters song, yet the next is similar to a Hellogoodbye tune. It's your music, and no matter how good you guys are, you'll have just as many enemies and you will have fans.

Look at Green Day, for example. They have a worldwide fanbase that they've grown for a decade and a half now, but if you look at the comments of every single UG article about them, not everyone likes them. Same goes for bands like Fall Out Boy and Metallica.

Well said!
I agree 100%

Music is music, the only thing a genre is useful for is for seperating peoples influences and putting labels on the latest teenybopper trend, but think about it, the guitarists in Metallica still use all the same notes that the banjo player in Lonnie Donegan's skiffle band used.
Ignore genres and just concentrate on making music that you enjoy playing, that way you won't limit yourselves to just one or two genres, which obviously is going to eventualy cause all your music to sound the same.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 2, 2008,
Dude the big misconception that people in bands have now a days is that you pick your own genre, in reality you just write the music, and someone who listens to it says "oh thats metal, or alt rock." to many bands decide what genre they want to fit in and realize that the music they write cant fit into it,

The Music decides what genre it is after it is written, dont just push yourself into a box creatively.

Look at led zeppelin their stuff is all over the place because they just wrote music and played it
agreeing with all of the other guys here. don't define yourself. my band was playing lots of heavy stuff, but lately we've been toning it down. it's all good. be what you are, not something you are not.
I think I just had a revelation.

Genre is based on vocal aggressiveness, amount of amp gain, and amount of snare hits n a measure.

For example: growling + 10 + 4 in 4/4 time, you get a hXc song.

Get it!?
Don't set out to be just one genre, because if you do your music will become limited and worse for it.
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker
Terrible mistake.

Don't define yourself. That's what people on MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, UG, GarageBand, PureVolume, and every single place you play are for.
You just worry about writing good music, and don't worry about it if one of your songs sound like a Foo Fighters song, yet the next is similar to a Hellogoodbye tune. It's your music, and no matter how good you guys are, you'll have just as many enemies and you will have fans.

Well put.
Quote by evilnatasking
I can play drums but I have no experience or own any drums.
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker
Terrible mistake.

Brilliant. Listen to this man.
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker
Terrible mistake.

this.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)