The Title is pretty obvious.

The Cabinet Is For A Peavey XXX.
Genres - Progressive Deathmetal, Techinical Deathmetal, Melodic Deathmetal.
i got my 1960a for $350 used, and it's a damn fine cab for anything
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
i got my 1960a for $350 used, and it's a damn fine cab for anything

Used unfortunately is not an option.

300 of it....

Is a girt certificate for musicians friend.......
Quote by maggot2011
Lopoline cabinet loaded with Warehouse speakers if you know how to load them yourself. Comes out to about $300-$400.

Chyea it has to be from musicians friend
No chance for a decent one.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
No chance for a decent one.

Ugh.....
Im already wrist deep in money problems if i get the XXX.
(im getting it for only 300ish)
Quote by forsaknazrael

Forsaknazrael, you just made me a happy happy man .
Which of the two would you recomend foooor.....
Prog Melodeath with techical roots.
(Think At the gates but more complex, with a progressive feel to it)
I like modern sound, saturated and smooth sounding.
Which of those speakers fits me more?
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Forsaknazrael, you just made me a happy happy man .
Aww...and we're not even going steady yet!

The Celestion there is a popular speaker for metal. You'd be fine with that one. The second is more for British-voiced amps.

Maybe this one? Don't know much about it, though:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Patriot-Black-Powder-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660035

What impedance outputs does the XXX have? That'll determine what impedance rating the speakers you'll get will have, and how the cab will be wired.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Aww...and we're not even going steady yet!

The Celestion there is a popular speaker for metal. You'd be fine with that one. The second is more for British-voiced amps.

Maybe this one? Don't know much about it, though:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Patriot-Black-Powder-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660035

What impedance outputs does the XXX have? That'll determine what impedance rating the speakers you'll get will have, and how the cab will be wired.

Im a sad man now The Crate isnt available untill the 15th and i have a gig on the 5th, 13th, and 14th.

The XXX has 4, 8, and 16 ohm outputs.
The Eminance has sparked some interest with the use of words such as "Bright" and "Tight" which matches my needs a bit.
Yes... For our last 4 (i think its been 4) Gigs ive used a Crate GTD120 and every show i use another bands cabinet so i dont kill the audience.
(Extreem vibration ishues whilst past Level 8 volumes)

Im selling that and my other 65 to my dad for 300ish $ and getting the XXX with it.
I can always beg my dad to let me use it for the shows i guess.
Yeah, I mean, if you're tight on money, you may just have to wait until you can get the crate. For that budget, off MF...I can't see a better option.

on a side note, playing bass is tough on the fingers. never done it before, but i bought my brother a bass, so i figure I should how to play if I'm going to teach him.
I think im going to get the ibanez cabinet now and use it till i get the money to buy some replacement speakers.
Its in stock and its atleast a metal cabinet.

On a sidenote Thats adsactly why when i screw around on bass i only do slapping and tapping. Plus I only mess around sounding like meshuggah when i pick one up.
Doesnt hurt my fingers really... just makes me look stupid.
XXX cabs are not that great, peavey cabs are not that great.

How the hell are you getting an XXX for 300? I wish I could. >_>

For $300 you could get yourself a decent 2x12 though.

Hell, to be honest, in my city, there's an Avatar 4x12 with V30's and GH12's cross patterned for $300. With new casters.

Whoops, forgot you're buying from MF.

Dunno what to recommend :X
Last edited by injected at Sep 2, 2008,
peavey windsor 412 is only $280 on MF, but i don't know how good it is...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-412-4x12-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=601428
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by injected
XXX cabs are not that great, peavey cabs are not that great.

How the hell are you getting an XXX for 300? I wish I could. >_>

For $300 you could get yourself a decent 2x12 though.

Hell, to be honest, in my city, there's an Avatar 4x12 with V30's and GH12's cross patterned for $300. With new casters.

Whoops, forgot you're buying from MF.

Dunno what to recommend :X

who told you peavey cabs arnt that great?

The XXX is great. Blows crate out of the water. (not sayin much I hanvn't hear a crate I've liked yet) The bottom end on it sounds great. It really slices through the mix!

While my friends have gone through about 2 or 3 cabs each over the years....I've still got my XXX 412 and I'd rather have it over any or theirs AND it still kicks ass!
^ I agree both the Triple XXX and the JSX 412 cabs Peavey makes are good cabs, very good construction and pretty good stock speakers. Peavey cabs get a bad wrap because most of the speakers that come equipted with their cabs are mediocer at best, the Tripple XXX and JSX cabs both come with Vintage 30 clones. All the other speakers that come with modern cabs not great at all, Although some of the old cabs form the late 80s came with Celestion G12k-85, which are the same as thing as the G12k-100, awesome speakers that are good for all and have a ton of bottom end.

TS, Honestly for 300 dollars on MF you are not going to get much if you could up your budget a little I would look into these;
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-80-Watt-2x12-Extension-Cabinet?sku=607105
^ has two Celestion 70/80s, not a great speaker, no where near as good as most celestions, but would be better than what would come in most 412 cabs at this price range. The Cab it self is built with ply wood, not MDF, so you know its going to last, and is a very "pro" built cabnet.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=601344X
^ Crapy stock speakers, but the cab is Plywood, and you could upgrade your speakers in the future, and you would have a well buit cab that would be good platform to upgrade.
Thats all I could find that would be worth a look in that price range.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
I have never heard of a good cab for $300 new. Much less a good 4x12.

I'd buy the amp and save up your money for the cab. As you go along and just stick with your current one while you save up for the cab.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by Johnbryant
^ I agree both the Triple XXX and the JSX 412 cabs Peavey makes are good cabs, very good construction and pretty good stock speakers. Peavey cabs get a bad wrap because most of the speakers that come equipted with their cabs are mediocer at best, the Tripple XXX and JSX cabs both come with Vintage 30 clones. All the other speakers that come with modern cabs not great at all, Although some of the old cabs form the late 80s came with Celestion G12k-85, which are the same as thing as the G12k-100, awesome speakers that are good for all and have a ton of bottom end.

TS, Honestly for 300 dollars on MF you are not going to get much if you could up your budget a little I would look into these;
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-80-Watt-2x12-Extension-Cabinet?sku=607105
^ has two Celestion 70/80s, not a great speaker, no where near as good as most celestions, but would be better than what would come in most 412 cabs at this price range. The Cab it self is built with ply wood, not MDF, so you know its going to last, and is a very "pro" built cabnet.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=601344X
^ Crapy stock speakers, but the cab is Plywood, and you could upgrade your speakers in the future, and you would have a well buit cab that would be good platform to upgrade.
Thats all I could find that would be worth a look in that price range.

Thanks man.