Would these go good in a bright guitar? Hard maple.

I want to get a nice raw punchy metal tone. Doesn't have to be deep and crushing, but more in-your-face and trebly ala 1980's. (hence the hard maple).

The Neck pickup is a Jazz, so it would also help to clean up. It's the JB in the bridge that i'm wondering will output that very metallish sound.
The JB will definitely be trebly and in your face, but there's the possibility of it being too much with the bright wood - I'd look at the Duncan Custom, Dimarzio Tone Zone and Super Distortion too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well I had those in mind because they pair them new for $130.

What would you recommend? I like having good cleans and good distortion, that's why i like that set.

If you recommend something else, maybe make it just as trebly but suitable for extreme metal as well
Full Shred or JB would do. Tone Zone and Super Distortion would work as well for 80s metal.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by steven seagull
The JB will definitely be trebly and in your face, but there's the possibility of it being too much with the bright wood - I'd look at the Duncan Custom, Dimarzio Tone Zone and Super Distortion too.

This^

I had a JB in my Strat and it was too bright. I now have a Custom Custom TB-11.
Well it turns out it's basswood, not hard maple. =/

So if i dropped in the set it would be as bright, but a little warmer. Right in between mahogany and alder. I like that.

This would make it suitable for metal with the JB and nice cleans with the SH-2?