Hello, everyone!

I have a Cornell Plexi Seven, with a 10" celestion vintage in it (I think). And I've heard that they're not very good, and if I could improve my tone by buying a new speaker for it, I defenitly will.

I was thinking of maybe ordering the SA10H-75 speaker from Scumback. Apparently, they should sound like the speakers in the Bluesbreakers.
I have a Bluesbreaker also, and it's the best amp I have ever played on so if I could have my Cornell Plexi Seven to sound like that too it would be awesome.

But if I go with the SA10H-75 speaker, which one of them is right for my amp?
30 Watts, 8 Ohms
30 Watts, 16 Ohms
75 Watts, 8 Ohms
75 Watts, 16 Ohms
These are the options, but I guess only one will fit for my amp without screwing things up.

Thanks for reading.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
To start with those Celestions aren't way too bad from what I hear. After all Denis designed the amp with those speakers in mind. My tip is to start with playing it and THEN decide if you need a new speaker!

Secodnly, Scumsbacks are going to cost you.You're going to have to add taxes and import here in Sweden and so on.

Thirldy get the 30W 8 ohm speaker.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^I guess you're right, Gabel. I'll stick with these for now then.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Yeah exactly. Scumbacks are awesome, for sure, but don't upgrade the speaker until you NEED to do it!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I thought the H75s were G12H30 lead cone copies?

I always thought the "Bluesbreaker" tone were G12M speakers? (or Celestion alnicos, I know theres a lot of debate on this topic).

But a pair of H75s would sound sick through your Bluesbreaker amp though.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 2, 2008,
If you already have the bluesbreaker tone from your bluesbreaker then why would you need another amp to sound like it?? I mean I can understand if you're doing it for portability reasons or something like that but personally I would stick with two different tones to provide me with more tonal versatility!
^Why? Because the Bluesbreaker is EXTREMELY loud! That's why.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by al112987
I thought the H75s were G12H30 lead cone copies?

I always thought the "Bluesbreaker" tone were G12M speakers? (or Celestion alnicos, I know theres a lot of debate on this topic).

But a pair of H75s would sound sick through your Bluesbreaker amp though.

Sorry, I was wrong. It's the Ms.

Quote by i_am_metalhead
If you already have the bluesbreaker tone from your bluesbreaker then why would you need another amp to sound like it?? I mean I can understand if you're doing it for portability reasons or something like that but personally I would stick with two different tones to provide me with more tonal versatility!

Yeah. It's portability, and also because the Bluesbreaker was so god damn loud, I couldn't have it in my home because I had neighbours next to the house - one across the street, one to the left and one to the right, so I had to move the amp over to my summer house, where I have no neighbours in a 1000m radius (even though I'm still a bit worried to wake them up at nights when I'm out there playing).
That means I can only play acoustic guitar at home, and electric at my summer house.
But then I bought another amp more suitable when you have neighbours, so now I can play both at home and at the summer house, and I only have to carry the guitar back and forth.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by Gabel
^Why? Because the Bluesbreaker is EXTREMELY loud! That's why.

Thanks. I've never played through one so I was a bit confused on why he would want to replicate something that he already had lol.

I actually prefer loud amps - the louder the better... but I realize that some people prefer to retain their hearing lol.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Quote by Hultan
Sorry, I was wrong. It's the Ms.

Either way, I'm sure they sound great, Scumbacks are amazing.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?t=20638&highlight=scumnicos

About halfway down Jim from Southbay Ampworks has some soundclips of his various models.

God, I love those. I want a set of those H75s for my JTM45/Bluesbreaker so badly. But those M75s, that speaker voicing just screams "Beano", and thats through a plexi I think. They'd sound even closer with a JTM45.

Either way, a speaker will help, but I don't think you'll be able to really nail your bluesbreaker's tone with a solid state rectified, el-34 (?) plexi. So much of that tone is just the JTM45's distinctive crunch.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 3, 2008,
^Wait, what? You have a Bluesbreaker too? I've never seen anyone else with a Marshall Bluesbreaker on this forum.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Not a bluesbreaker exactly, a JTM45 (Metropoulos). So... a bluesbreaker without the tremolo.

But yeah, I know what you mean, they're not real popular amps in this forum, and I'm one of the few people on this board that doesn't play metal. A few other guys have JTM45s though, Igotabcrich has a Metropoulos as well, and someone else recently bought a Marshall reissue IIRC.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 3, 2008,
^Oh, so it's not a Marshall but that's ok I thought it would be a Marshall because your avatar says "Addicted to Marshalls".
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Well Hultan, he's like me. He likes Marshalls designs, but not their new amps. If you go new, there are so many superior amps that are Marshall clones! My 18watter for an example is superior to the new ones!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^Ok.
I've yet to hear a better sounding amp than my Marshall though. Maybe because it's not new?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Maybe because you haven't tried all of them. Not trying to say it's horrible, but try against an old one and you'll see what I mean.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

The Marshall reissue is a bit different sounding than the clones and vintage JTM45s, mainly due to a few differences in components and transformers that are not exactly as close to spec as other makes (Heyboer, Mercury Magnetics). I mean, it sounds like a JTM45 and is a good amp, but slightly overpriced like all Marshall reissues. If you bought it used or something like that, its probably a good deal. But for the $2000 or so you'd buy for a new reissue, I'd usually go for Metropoulos or Germino.
Yeah, mine is from 92 or something. I don't know if it sounds worse or better than the original, but probably a bit different.
I played on my friend's (original) JMP and it sounded good too, but I think the reissues (atleast the Bluesbreaker) are way underestimated.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Way better? If you have ever played through one, you'll see that there are no "way better".
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I have played through a couple of reissues and a couple of originals. I've also played modern replicas by other companies (I own one of these). For you the Bluesbreaker is good enough sure, but many of the other compianes are way better IMO. To start with you have better tone (treble is usually smoother and so on) but most of all, you have MUCH better parts. Marshall uses PCB boards, cheap Chinese tubes. Plus they often make changes from the orignal design. Most of all, the transformers are stock, off the shelf models that are NOTHING like the originals. On the replicas, most of them are handwired, uses higher quality parts and often things that are way closer to the orignals and so on.

However keep in mind, the older reissues are much better (like yours). The new ones are actually not very good at all. Those are the ones I've tried!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Dude... just play one and you'll know what I mean.
My Plexi Seven is better at low volumes compared to the Bluesbreaker for sure, but when cranked, the Bluesbreaker sounds more like how I want it.
They're both good though, just different.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard