Poll: Should food additives be banned?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should food additives be banned?
They should all be banned
6 8%
Some of them should be banned
62 84%
All of them should be banned
6 8%
Voters: 74.
Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, i'm doing a survey on people's thoughts on food additives, and figured i'd ask here, because I love you.

Do you think all food additives should be banned? Or some of them? Or none of them? Give reasons as to why, if you can.

Yes, this is for my own use, but i'm sure you can give a minute of your time
-

Can't help you there man but I can tell you how big my dick is if you'd like to know that??
Quote by bongfodder
Can't help you there man but I can tell you how big my dick is if you'd like to know that??

Seriously, there's no need for that: nobody is the least bit interested in your anatomy.
Quote by National_Anthem

Seriously, there's no need for that: nobody is the least bit interested in your anatomy.

i am

Sanity is not statistical
No i dont give a **** how unhealthy it is, i'd rather have food that tastes good

and no i'm not fat
???
Quote by mattvh93
No i dont give a **** how unhealthy it is, i'd rather have food that tastes good

and no i'm not fat

That's a common misconception, that all additives are unhealthy. A fair few of them are actually completely natural, and some are actually good for you.
only the pointless ones should be banned
ones that make food last longer = they can stay
ones that turn food a different colour = seriously whats the point
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I'm completely indifferent...

You should have added a 'Meh...' option to the poll...
Preservatives can stay but it depends on the preservative. There are literally thousands of compounds and not all of them are safe in even a low dose but are still used... Well I say not safe, they are but if you eat more than a certain amount of meals containing said compound it can cause health problems.

I want to see tartrazine banned. Its the yellow colour in juice drinks and causes hyper activity in children and causes behavioural changes as long as the compound is in the system.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Not only that, but so-called "Natural flavourings" are often just smart-wording workarounds of certain flavourings which are also made in lab's just like the rest of 'em.

I say the less **** in our food the better. I had a 99p ready meal from Tesco the other day.. I'm no food snob, but ****ing hell I could taste the chemicals in my mouth afterwards.
Well, i guess this failed.

Quote by National_Anthem
That's a common misconception, that all additives are unhealthy. A fair few of them are actually completely natural, and some are actually good for you.

But it's also a common misconception that natural additives are all safe

The third option was supposed to say 'none should be banned'.
-

Quote by Guitardude19
Preservatives can stay but it depends on the preservative. There are literally thousands of compounds and not all of them are safe in even a low dose but are still used... Well I say not safe, they are but if you eat more than a certain amount of meals containing said compound it can cause health problems.

I want to see tartrazine banned. Its the yellow colour in juice drinks and causes hyper activity in children and causes behavioural changes as long as the compound is in the system.

This, and as far as i'm aware aspartame is an unneeded additive too. I generally would prefer less in food overall.
Quote by Zoot Allures
As i said recently in the other thread, threads do not expire, the question is still just as good as when it was asked. I don't see why it can't be continued.

meh, could have been bumped with something more than a "this" statement, but I agree for the most part.
Quote by blake1221
meh, could have been bumped with something more than a "this" statement, but I agree for the most part.

To be honest, i was talking about this very thing the other day with my friend so it's still something in my mind at least.
people listen to much to soap dodging hippies instead of people ho know what they are talking about. if its in food its pretty much guaranteed to be safe.all the bullcrap about additives making u unhealthy is stupid.you're unhealthy because your eating a twinky instead of real food.a fresh salad loaded with MSG is still as healthy as one without
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Last edited by Eggmond at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by Eggmond
people listen to much to soap dodging hippies instead of people ho know what they are talking about. if its in food its pretty much guaranteed to be safe.all the bullcrap about additives making u unhealthy is stupid.your unhealthy because your eating a twinky instead of
real food.a fresh salad loaded with MSG is still as healthy as one without

What about additives that are proven to be unhealthy?
Quote by Eggmond
people listen to much to soap dodging hippies instead of people ho know what they are talking about. if its in food its pretty much guaranteed to be safe.all the bullcrap about additives making u unhealthy is stupid.your unhealthy because your eating a twinky instead of
real food.a fresh salad loaded with MSG is still as healthy as one without

"pretty much"

oh there's a hole in your argument.

"pretty much"
lol.

"your unhealthy"
my unhealthy what?
lol.
Quote by Zoot Allures
What about additives that are proven to be unhealthy?

any country with a half decent food regulatory agency outlaws them

as for the pretty much in my argument i always maintain a healthy amount of solipsism in my arguments.there are never any absolutes
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I don't think the government should have the right to ban chemicals.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Additives:

- Taste
- Preservatives
- Aesthatics
- Antioxidants
- Aciditiy regulators
- Thickeners
- Stabilisers
- Emulsifiers [e.g. you don't manky mayo, right?]
- Flavour enhancers
- Antibiotics
- Other shit
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I think the harmful ones should be banned. Aside from that, it's your own decision if you want to ingest inorganic substances.
cat
Banning any kind of food/ingredient is a bad idea.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Banning any kind of food/ingredient is a bad idea.
yeah sure
All colourings for sure. I don't need my food to glow in dark to eat it.
Then all taste amplifiers. I am not a small kid anymore that won't eat anything that does not taste heavenly.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
None of them should be banned. And you should probably delete this thread and make a new one with a proper poll.

EDIT: Derp, necrobump
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
This, and as far as i'm aware aspartame is an unneeded additive too. I generally would prefer less in food overall.

What's wrong with aspartame? It's completely safe.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CrunchyRoll
What's wrong with aspartame? It's completely safe.

I'm having problems with identifying your comment as a troll attempt. It's just too bad. 1/10
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Guodlca
I'm having problems with identifying your comment as a troll attempt. It's just too bad. 1/10

Trust 16 year old on internet over Scientific Textbooks and FDA.

I got my priorities mixed up again.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Page 1 of 2