Hey guys,

I have about £200-£300 to spend on a new guitar. My first choice was to be an Ibanez Acoustic, but i just wanna see if anyone has any decent suggestions for an Electric.

Styles i Play:
Rock (á la Guns and Roses, Velvet Revolver, Smashing Pumpkins)
Metal (á la Metallica, Trivium, Breed 77,)
Big Band Jazz

Sound I want: Something with good cleans and a nice full distortion with tight full bass and high mid. possibly a combination of Smashing pumpkins, metallica, breed 77 and Steve Vai.

Preferences: Rosewood or Ebony fretboard, maybe a Floyd Rose.

If anyone has some awesome suggestions please tell!

Thanks!
TM
Last edited by tim_mop at Sep 2, 2008,
You want to sound like metallice?

Okay...

Look at Fender, Gibson, Parker, Les Paul, and maybe even Ibanez for good rock/blues sounds. No specific models - I would suggest just going into your local music store and trying some guitars out. Look for smoothness and sound, with good pricing, more than a flashy label.
Quote by Josh Shiells

Okay...

Look at Fender, Gibson, Parker, Les Paul, and maybe even Ibanez for good rock/blues sounds. No specific models - I would suggest just going into your local music store and trying some guitars out. Look for smoothness and sound, with good pricing, more than a flashy label.

...and a Les Paul IS a Gibson.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks for the... input!

Any more? =D

Probably passive pickups too, not active
id go for fender
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Quote by Josh Shiells

Okay...

Les Paul is a Gibson guitar. and more than a flashy label? yet those brands are somewhat...flashy.

i'd second the Washburn X50. or this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-pacifica412v/67310
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! nothings taken my fancy yet so keep the suggestions coming =P

TM