Poll: which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: which one?
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
17 63%
schecter c-1 classic
10 37%
Voters: 27.
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr or schecter c-1 classic? what would you buy out of those 2 and why?
well if you prefer metal and like Floyd Roses/Active EMG, go with the Hellraiser

or if you're more versatile get the Classic

both are very beautiful guitars though
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Neither. Get the C-1 Plus. It plays better than both, and has the active EMGs. But, no floyd. Good for me, since I don't like floyds
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
I have the hellraiser with the fr. Very nice guitar for metal. Does cleans quite well too because of the coil tap feature, also stays in tune very well. But if you dont want the hassle of the floyd, get the hardtail version. But if you dont play metal as your main genre, get the classic.
i'm more of a hartail guitar kinda guy. i dont like trems. so i'd go with the hardtail version. it's easier to downtune a hardtail guitar.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
No idea as to specific models, but as a general rule unless you really want the Floyd, don't bother with one. It's just extra hassle, not to mention that you're pretty much stuck in one tuning unless you've got skills.
Get the Floyd if you've never owned a guitar with one. Might be fun. or a pain in the ass. I love mine though... just don't lose an allen wrench! They're a lot easier than people make em out to be and can add a lot to your playing.
Quote by MopMaster
No idea as to specific models, but as a general rule unless you really want the Floyd, don't bother with one. It's just extra hassle, not to mention that you're pretty much stuck in one tuning unless you've got skills.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I personally detest Floyd Roses and smiliar systems for this reason.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Hellrasier has its own hard tail version
C1 classic is also a neckthru / Hellraiser is a set neck. Id buy both if I could.

I am all about OFR's / edge originals
Why does everyone think that schecters have neck-thrus?!! They're set necks with "ultra access". They just look/feel a lot like a neck-thru. Also, the c-1+ has schecter-made duncans, not EMGs. Personally, i'd get the hellraiser because i don't have a guitar with a floyd and 24 frets and i don't have one with EMGs, lest of all coil tapped EMGs. There's also the $250 price difference though. We can't really tell you if you want a floyd rose or not.
Quote by HighPotency
Why does everyone think that schecters have neck-thrus?!!

Because the C-1 Classic is a neck-thru.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
the thing is i dnt know if i want a floyd rose, like the idea of having one and the stuff u can do with it just makes me want to get one but i dnt know if il be using it alot, i would onli really use it playing steve vai or van halen stuff. but the tuning thing with the floyd is stupid cause i probably would want to down tuen with different songs, i wouldnt really want to waste like heaps of time just trying to down tune. does any one on here have a floyd rose guitar and if so is it as bad as ppl say wehn u have to downtune and stuff like that?
Personally I'd get the hellraiser, i love floyd's.

I myself and waiting on my backordered C-1 Blackjack ATX FR.....Mmmmmm