k I know that it's not an all valve amp but I'm not looking to get an all valve amp just yet . all I want is something a bit better then my Line 6 Spider 3 15 watt. I honestly don't think there's that much wrong with the spider amp as a small practice amp as I live in a town house but I do know that it does not compare to other amps out there. I'm thinking of getting a Vox Valvetronix 50 watt amp because at the moment my 15 watt amp just isn't gonna be loud enough to practice jamming with a drummer lol. so is it a good amp to just get for that reason second hand? plz don't dis me or pay out the amp I have I'm here asking your opinion so I don't make a mistake on what to get so any other suggestions would be great. thanks
To be fair, its not that much different. People always knock line 6's (half of them havent even played them) but its not that much different from the Vox. IMO vox is slightly better, nicer cleans, effects etc. If u like the line 6, id go for the vox because they are pretty similar (vox a bit better) and 50 watt will be loud enough to be heard over the drummer.
Quote by Mike 'em all
wat genre of music do u play?

um a little bit of everything lol. well not everything but I want to learn as much as I can but some of the mean bands/artists I like are U2, Van Halen, Paul Gilbert, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Bloc Party, Angels and Airwaves cuz the delay I love delay and then every now and then just for fun I chuck in some Atreyu or Parkway drive but not really lol =) so yeah stuff like that plz though I don't want a metal amp lol
I have a Valvetronix and they are a great amps!

I bought one to upgrade from my old 15w practice amp and it is amazing. As you play the different styles of music having a modeling amp is very useful one of the reasons i bought one is so i could get different sounds and try out effects before i one day upgrade to full tube!!! It ll handle Atreyu etc (i play it too) if you crank it but i think it does a pretty good distortion!!

Get one it ll be a good investment!
Gear:
- Schecter - Omen 6 (soon to have SD 59,Distortion)
- Admira Seville (Classical)
- Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
- Crybaby
- Digitech Whammy 4
- Behringer TU100 (tuner)
- Boss Micro BR
Quote by clement1
To be fair, its not that much different. People always knock line 6's (half of them havent even played them) but its not that much different from the Vox. IMO vox is slightly better, nicer cleans, effects etc. If u like the line 6, id go for the vox because they are pretty similar (vox a bit better) and 50 watt will be loud enough to be heard over the drummer.

The Vox is superior to the Line 6 in every conceivable way. I own both and the spider is a POS comparatively. The only truly usable channel on it is the clean.

TS, if you play a ton of different stuff, a Valvetronix will work. You can find one second hand for as cheap as 225 USD for a 50 watt.