I currently have a Fender frontman 65 watt, and I def like it but I'm playing live and I really want the best tone I can get. Now I've been looking at tube amps, such as Fender Blues Junior, but it seems a little overpriced for a 15 watt single channel (i do like the fat button, however) Now I like this tone, and I'm looking in the 300-400 price range 30 watt range (needs to play small bars and parties), what other ones would you suggest I try out? I really want a chili peppers type tone, and I play a fender nashville tele, which is quite versatile.
Thanks
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Peavey Classic 30?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Man, I wish you had more money

Then you could get a SF bassman

But you don't

Anyway, look used. You can probably snag a used HRD in your price range. There is also the Peavey Classic Series, and the Crate V series.
I'm gonna go try out the crates...the peavey had a little too much bottom end to it for me, I like it to be slightly brighter, and if I need to get it heavier I use my Agile Les Paul. Any good experiences with the crates quality? and how worth it is it to upgrade? I realized I dont use all the diff models on my amp, I have to keep it simple to be consistent live.
You could probably find a used Blues Jr in your price range. It can handle bars and parties fine. HRD might be overkill but is a nice amp. I would say that Crate and a used Classic 30 are def worth a look.

what do you see on craigslist.com?
Theres an HRD for $450 on Craigs List but it needs new tubes so add whatever tubes are to that. I'm gonna go up to Daddy's (used music) in Orange, Ct and see what they have. How do I know if it needs new tubes? and how long should i let the tubes warm up before I get the full tone of the amp? once again i appreciate it.
Quote by nemjeff13
I'm gonna go try out the crates...the peavey had a little too much bottom end to it for me, I like it to be slightly brighter, and if I need to get it heavier I use my Agile Les Paul. Any good experiences with the crates quality? and how worth it is it to upgrade? I realized I dont use all the diff models on my amp, I have to keep it simple to be consistent live.

Maybe try the Classic with an EQ? Or go for a used Blues Junior/Blues Deluxe?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
There's a Blues Deville on albany's craigslist for $400. Tweed... Also a BF bassman - too much $$ for you, and a Deluxe Reverb - $675...
Those would be would be good. Tubes warm up pretty fast, nothing to "fret". It's good to get an extra set IMO soon after getting the amp and keeping the original set around as back ups. Someone smart told me that once, did it ever since.
Thanks I'm gonna check on that Blues Deville
It's refreshing when someone isn't afraid to save money on good gear used. It seems lately we have been seeing the "new only" crowd... Good luck.
go for hot rod deluxe...ther is a reason it is the best selling amp in history ..and its fully mod friendly and loud for a small amp