Poll: When's your favourite Grohl era?
Poll Options
View poll results: When's your favourite Grohl era?
Drumming with Scream
1 1%
Drumming with Nirvana
30 25%
Drumming with QotSA
18 15%
Working with the D
7 6%
Fronting the Foos
61 52%
Voters: 118.
Hey, I'm bored and love Dave Grohl so I thought I'd find out 'which' Grohl they love most

Drumming with Scream (never heard of them myself, but thought I should put it in)
Drumming with Nirvana
Drumming with Queens of the Stone Age
His work with Tenacious D
Or guitar and vocals with the Foo Fighters

Personally I love his drumming with qotsa, just cos it's epic! and I love queens
Poll up in a second
You forget his drum work with Nine Inch Nails... he did most of the drums on 'With Teeth'.

I chose Foo Fighters though.
I loved him every time he was the devil for the D (both in the Tribute video and the D's movie).
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by saphrax
I've never really thought that much of DG. He's good, and I appreciate that, but pretty much everything you've listed there I find quite dull...

even the Foo fighters material?
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Probot > everything else Mr Grohl has done, listen to the drumming in the song red war, its uber cool.
Dude---- I love Dave. He is the man. It is all about the D.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
What about drumming for foos? Colour and Shape lets not forget
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Fronting Foo Fighters is probably my favorite, the whole drumming with Scream thing, I think he only did one album when they already had four other albums out or something like that.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Tom Martin
You forget his drum work with Nine Inch Nails... he did most of the drums on 'With Teeth'.

I chose Foo Fighters though.

I wouldn't be so hasty to mention that travesty.

And, frankly, Grohl's not really "legendary", IMO. He's done a lot of great things, and made a lot of great music, but I just don't idolise him like most people do.

I'm a fan, though. *shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I Think His Drumming With Nirvana Was His Best Work But Its Probuly About Equal 2 What He Does With Foo Fighters Cuz Hes A Kick Ass Singer And Guitarist
I don't mind Dave Grohl at all, and like most of his music however I really can't understand how, or why the Foo Fighters seem to have been propelled into super-stardom, almost being the biggest band in the world or something over the past year or so

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Dave Grohl sure is in a lot of bands.
Maybe he just wants to be THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST ?
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by sglover34479
I like Dave Grohl. I think just his being in Nirvana has given him a little bit of unearned fame though. And the other members of the Foos are great but they basically riding his fame.

I don't think so, their bassist was in Sunny Day Real Estate and so was there old drummer. I mean yeah, SDRE weren't huge, but they were amazing.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Ummm...I find Dave Grohl to be a little overrated. I'm not denying his talent as a musician, because he sure as hell is talented, and he was funny in The Pick of Destiny. I just would call it a stretch to consider him a "living legend."
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I think all Daves work is amazing. I prefere his as a vocalist and guitarist to him as a drummer.
Quote by saphrax
I've never really thought that much of DG. He's good, and I appreciate that, but pretty much everything you've listed there I find quite dull...

+1. I have 2 Foo albums and I really try to enjoy them and put them on every once in a while. But I just can't seem to get it.
Quote by metal4life592
Ummm...I find Dave Grohl to be a little overrated. I'm not denying his talent as a musician, because he sure as hell is talented, and he was funny in The Pick of Destiny. I just would call it a stretch to consider him a "living legend."

My thoughts exactly.

Overrated for sure.

Also, to all those who take offense to this:

Overrated =/= Bad.

Overrated = Overrated.

Big difference.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
My thoughts exactly.

Overrated for sure.

Also, to all those who take offense to this:

Overrated =/= Bad.

Overrated = Overrated.

Big difference.

Thank you. I was hoping my post wouldn't start some ridiculous flame war, so I'm glad someone else sees it like I do.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
He's a great musician and a lot of people don't realise half the things he's done. I used to be a huge fan of his.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Ovenman
Dave Grohl sure is in a lot of bands.
Maybe he just wants to be THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST ?

lol, i love dave grohl, and that's ****ing hilarious.
Quote by reaper_x
kudos to you, sir.

SIG THAT! SIG IT!
He's pretty good and I like the Foo Fighters a bit, I don't understand why so many people idolize him, there are far better musicians out there.

But out of all current mainstream musicians he's definitely my favourite.
Foo's, Nirvana are a bit too depressing
*puts up flame shield and runs*

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...