yeah the sound of LP or other models....
I heard tokai japan is good... cheaper than gibson but sound alike..
what do you know about?
epiphone
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
some of the higher end agiles maybe, check out the al-3000 and al-3100 models
Quote by Serjem
epiphone

this
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Tokai, Edwards or Burny (all of them MIJ). Agile and Epis are like firewood compared to them.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Sound? I don't know, Gibson makes their own pick ups.

Why not just get a studio les paul? Or get one for like 1,200 used or something. That's what I'd do.

Or better yet get a custom carvin.
Edwards and Navigator by ESP.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Epiphone of course and also some Fernandes models that i've played sound even better than the epiphone's.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom is better than a gibson les paul studio xD
Quote by Andy_A
Epiphone Les Paul Custom is better than a gibson les paul studio xD

I wouldn't say that. The Epiphone LP Elitist is better than the Gibson Studio in my opinion, although the Studio is a really nice guitar.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by nan0
Sound? I don't know, Gibson makes their own pick ups.

Why not just get a studio les paul? Or get one for like 1,200 used or something. That's what I'd do.

Or better yet get a custom carvin.

Yep, just dont get a low end Gibson... their mostly bad news.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by hansolo1106
I wouldn't say that. The Epiphone LP Elitist is better than the Gibson Studio in my opinion, although the Studio is a really nice guitar.

It could be a matter of taste, but you can't argue with the fact that the high end epiphones are a damn good deal! ^^ Gibsons are only needed if your a professional musician, and need it for on the road(my opinion) Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMG 81/85 is better than a gibson les paul custom for metal(NO **** ^^)
I have a Tokai LS-65 it plays amazingly well, and peoples reaction to them is quite something, the standard of build is really high, even with the correct head stock angle.
Mine plays better than any of the newer epiphones I have tried, but the old epiphones were good.
This Tokai is made in japan and is everybit as good as the ones Gibson sued the company for.
Are the Tokais sold in American stores ?
Anyway due to limited budget and needing a tube amp my Tokai is up for sale in the classifieds. I am having to cut back, we are supporting a band that was in Q magazine the other month, and my amp isnt up to the gig
Quote by Andy_A
It could be a matter of taste, but you can't argue with the fact that the high end epiphones are a damn good deal! ^^ Gibsons are only needed if your a professional musician, and need it for on the road(my opinion) Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMG 81/85 is better than a gibson les paul custom for metal(NO **** ^^)

Well, in the band I play the other guitarist has an Epi LP Custom Midnight with EMG 81/85. He bought it for around 800 Euros. Few weeks later the strap button just came out, the bridge pickup stopped working sometimes, and now the pickup selector is bad.
So I think there are some serious quality issues with "high-end" Epiphones too, not just with the cheaper ones.

Of course if you manage to find a nice Epi Custom, then it's a great deal, but I rather buy some LTD guitar instead for the same price, or just a simple Epi Standard and upgrade the pickups.

But, that's only my opinion.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
epi sgs
theyre effing epic
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Tokai higher end japanese.
the chinese ones are ok,compare with the chinese epi's but the japanese ones are stunning

as It happens I have one for sale in the classified, dont want to sell it, but I need a tube amp
Buy an Epi and swap out the pickups for some Gibson pickups. Viola.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
there's a company I think their English who have a guitar builder who used to work for Gibson. The company's called vintage and the guitar are cheap and decent
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by Vecheka
Buy an Epi and swap out the pickups for some Gibson pickups. Viola.

My friend did this and it sounds great.
+1 for LTS and off the catalog edwards. too bad they are limited to domestic market in japan or else low end gibson or epi wont survive the market.
Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Last edited by doodie at Sep 2, 2008,
try to get a Bruny/Orville/Tokai from the 70's. Perhaps an early Japanese Epihpone. Edwards are also very excellent. If you want to pay the same price for a Gibson Les Paul, but superior craftsmanship then check out Navigator and Bacchus guitars.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Other than the headstock I hear Epiphones look identical..........
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Samic Guitars are copys and they are awesome! if you get a chance my profile has a pic of mine and also Jay turser makes a nice copy!!
Electric Guitars Samick Torino,Jay Turser warlord, Jay turser jt-xg2( thats a double neck) New york pro Strat copy Acoustics Ibanez pf , new york pro and 3 nylons from the 70's