Much as I like them, Fall Out Boy. All their guitar stuff is easy, and they didnt even attempt the solo of 'Beat It' - they got John Mayer to massacre it instead. I'm sure there's far worse but I can't think of any right now.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by worton

for me it has to be the guy from coldplay

Pfftt

Tokio Hotel
Born to lose, live to win.
Well a lot of pop/punk guitarists play beneath their abilities, but whether you think that makes them bad (or immoral, rather) is another story. This is the deal with Fall Out Boy.

I won't go so far as to call Dave Mustaine the worst, cause he isn't, but the solo he did for Cemetary Gates with Dream Theater (after Petrucci's mind blowing opening solo), is indeed the worst PoS guitar performance I have ever heard.
just because you're insecure about your own abilities doesn't mean you need to go paying out others. what a ridiculous thread
Fred Durst
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Much as I like them, Fall Out Boy. All their guitar stuff is easy, and they didnt even attempt the solo of 'Beat It' - they got John Mayer to massacre it instead. I'm sure there's far worse but I can't think of any right now.

Does it matter if it's easy? I thought the Idea was to play riffs that sounded good, not easy.

And yes I'm aware most of you will now launch into 'Fall out boy suck and they don't sound good' ect ect, but go ask a fan of fall out boy, because they will tell you their riffs are catchy.
Madonna maybe?

I saw a picture of her holding a black lp recently, right-handed and then a picture of her playing a pink SG left handed
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by *powerslave*
Does it matter if it's easy? I thought the Idea was to play riffs that sounded good, not easy.

And yes I'm aware most of you will now launch into 'Fall out boy suck and they don't sound good' ect ect, but go ask a fan of fall out boy, because they will tell you their riffs are catchy.

I am a FOB fan and their riffs are catchy, I guess I was just thinking of the fact that they don't show much playing skill.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by cam_sampbell
Madonna maybe?

I saw a picture of her holding a black lp recently, right-handed and then a picture of her playing a pink SG left handed

Maybe she has been getting lessons from that Batio fella.
Quote by Friendly Stoat
I am a FOB fan and their riffs are catchy, I guess I was just thinking of the fact that they don't show much playing skill.

Yeah I suppose, but then again, they may be much better guitarists, but just have to keep it simple for the band they are in.

And sorry If it came across as me flaming you then, I didn't intend it to
Tom Morello. Not because he doesn't have chops, because i hear he does, but because he relies solely on effects for his solos and if he does play something cool it's either a retarded finger exercise that sounds bad or out of key.

And his riffs are retarded as f*ck and all the same