Hi guys.

Is it possible to make chrome hardware black? I know i can just spray paint it, but I think it will wear out really quick.

So is there a good way to do this?

(the part can't be bought)
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
You could plate in black metal, or anodize it, or spray paint it.

If you paint it properly, then it won't wear out with care. But if you are constantly rubbing/using it then it won't last very long.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^ that is sort of what I was thinking. I mean, you can replace any part on a guitar, except a set or through neck, without much trouble at all.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
He might not have the money to buy it.

Scuff it up with some Scotchbrite (Wire Wool) then paint it.

It should last a bit longer that way.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Well, depending on how heat sensitive it is you could powder coat it black, or just use engine enamel. You'll have to lightly scuff the whole surface, although if you paint it right it will look completely smooth afterwards.

I painted a few things with engine enamel (chrome cable tips, tuning knobs) and baked em for a few hours and the paint held even through use and rubbing.

I painted cars for a living before I got my IT job, this works.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Well here's the story.

I'm about to get a new guitar. And I think its goin' to be a Hagström F200, and I've mailed them about parts and they only make it in chrome. So the only way is to make it myself.

I don't know if I'm goin' to do it, but I want to know if it's possible.
Quote by gizmodious
Well, depending on how heat sensitive it is you could powder coat it black, or just use engine enamel. You'll have to lightly scuff the whole surface, although if you paint it right it will look completely smooth afterwards.

I painted a few things with engine enamel (chrome cable tips, tuning knobs) and baked em for a few hours and the paint held even through use and rubbing.

I painted cars for a living before I got my IT job, this works.

So engine enamel is like an spraypaint which can handle much higher heat than regular paint?

Do you think I will have to scuff the surface at all? And if I have to, which is the best way?

How thick will it be?

I found a engine enamel in a local store which handles up to 200*C. Is that enough?