ive been playin guitar for 9 months and i am ok, i have behringer metalien guitar and a behringer 10 watt amp, they both are garbage, i have $400 to blow, what shuld i get?
30 watt amp seems best option, try line 6 and marshall
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
I just bought a Schecter Damien 6 for $400 at guitar center, thing sounds great. Doesn't have active pickups but they're still more than decent passive ones. Just throwing that out there. Best of luck.
Take a look at a Peavey Valveking 112.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Horny-Egg
30 watt amp seems best option, try line 6 and marshall

Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy.
Other than that, maybe you could look into some peaveys?
Quote by HighPotency
Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy.
Other than that, maybe you could look into some peaveys?

hahahaha!
Well done young one, you saw through my trick.
You are 1 step closer to becoming a UG jedi
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by Horny-Egg
hahahaha!

But i joined before you

Sounds like peavey might be worth checking out, TS.
Quote by Horny-Egg
hahahaha!

wtf, you got issues or something?

TS, amp > guitar, so upgrade that first for a better tone.

blackheart maybe?
Quote by TheBeginner7
ok the peavey is an amp and 3 say i shuld get that so i think i shuld

yes you should get an amp, but you will have to play a bunch of amp to find out what you like.

I have heard really good things about the peavey, although its a love it or hate it amp.

These amps arent really my cup of tea (im more of a blues guy), but sheck out this Blackheart. I havent played it, but i have heard that it is a good little rock amp.

Definitly go for a tube amp if you can, also consider buying something used and save a pile of money.
Quote by hawk5211
wtf, you got issues or something?

TS, amp > guitar, so upgrade that first for a better tone.

blackheart maybe?

Mannnyyyy issues
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by hawk5211
that much is obvious lol, recomending a spider/mg...

If ya had the money-Mesa Or Randall (if ya play metal)

See i do know some things

And some laneys are gd
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
along with the peavey valveking, try out the new peavey vyper. its not tube, but i heard its a really good practice amp.
ok i was gonna buy guitar hero world tour but now im not so now i have $600 dollars, and i wuld really like to get a guitar wut one shuld i get?
Just check out ibanez and jacksons
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by TheBeginner7
ok i was gonna buy guitar hero world tour but now im not so now i have $600 dollars, and i wuld really like to get a guitar wut one shuld i get?

Squier strat? Low-end Ibanez? Agile? Epiphone LP-100?

Try to split your budget between Amp and Guitar (ex: how much for the amp, how much for the guitar) in order to get a more accurate suggestion.
how does $400 for a guitar and $200 for an amp sound, i think ill just wait for a good sale at guitar center then go buy an ibanez guitar and maybe a marshall amp?
Quote by TheBeginner7
how does $400 for a guitar and $200 for an amp sound, i think ill just wait for a good sale at guitar center then go buy an ibanez guitar and maybe a marshall amp?

Personally I would go the other way round. If you play hard rock or metal, I would recommend a Peavey Valveking 112 (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442) for $399 and something like this LTD (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-M53-Electric-Guitar?sku=515729) for $189. I have an Ibanez GRG170DX which is a nice budget guitar, that would also be a good choice - it costs around £145 over here in the UK so probably around 200 US$.Tone depends a lot more on the amp than the guitar, hence the suggestion that you spend more on it, and you can still get a decent one for around $200.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by Shankness
I just bought a Schecter Damien 6 for $400 at guitar center, thing sounds great. Doesn't have active pickups but they're still more than decent passive ones. Just throwing that out there. Best of luck.

Active pickup is ONLY good for metal. Don't get the wrong idea about them.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Friendly Stoat
Personally I would go the other way round. If you play hard rock or metal, I would recommend a Peavey Valveking 112 (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442) for $399 and something like this LTD (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-M53-Electric-Guitar?sku=515729) for $189. I have an Ibanez GRG170DX which is a nice budget guitar, that would also be a good choice - it costs around £145 over here in the UK so probably around 200 US$.Tone depends a lot more on the amp than the guitar, hence the suggestion that you spend more on it, and you can still get a decent one for around $200.

culd i get both of those at a local guitar center so i culd try them out? or do i have to order them offline?