So yea, i just started college on monday, doing a BTEC National Dimploma in Music.
Already im having an amazing time! We got organised into bands today and my fellow musicians rock!!! We are performing on friday, we decided to cover Holy Diver, and since we dont have a singer, we thought we would do the KsE version due to the inclusion of more melodies. So anyone else doing this course?
Quote by Vagabond21
Wait...

You're in England and you like the Giants?

You just blew my mind.

Yes, i appear to have lost all touch with "soccer" since seeing my first Football game on TV.
Quote by flipthatchicken
Yes, i appear to have lost all touch with "soccer" since seeing my first Football game on TV.

Dude, you're the man.

I'm glad there are still sensible people in this world.
Quote by flipthatchicken
So yea, i just started college on monday, doing a BTEC National Dimploma in Music.
Already im having an amazing time! We got organised into bands today and my fellow musicians rock!!! We are performing on friday, we decided to cover Holy Diver, and since we dont have a singer, we thought we would do the KsE version due to the inclusion of more melodies. So anyone else doing this course?

i did the btec in music tech and now i'm doing a BA in music production.
btecs are the way forward.
Quote by Vagabond21
Wait...

You're in England and you like the Giants?

You just blew my mind.

i was thinking the EXACT same thing.
Lol - i saw you liked the Giants and was about to ask where you lived - and almost crapped myself when it said England. wow.
GO YANKEES!
well i enrolled for college today, civil engineering though.

looking forward to it, ive had enough of my house, 8 weeks just gets boring
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by flipthatchicken

Where abouts in Lincolnshire are you from? I'm doing a similar course in Lincoln!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by flipthatchicken
Coningsby. You at Lincoln College?!

Nah, I'm starting at Access to Music, which is pretty closeby!
I don't start til the 15th though I don't think

Nevermind. British people.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Last edited by Dimebag Dave at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by powerhead
+1

Why are you categorising them both in the same place? They are quite different sports.
*edit* Oh you are from SA awesome.
Quote by powerhead
+1

+2, man I love rugby!

I'm starting college on Friday (silly time to start....) and I'm doing this course (alongside A levels) .

Is it true it's 100% performance, and you do it all in a band? Sounds amazing .
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by JC13
Sounds like a lot of fun dude, and I agree. Major props for the football convert-stuff .

Question though, what kind of degree or whatever do you get from music courses? They sound interesting, but yeah.

Well the course is equivalent to 3 A-levels, not sure what the USA equivalent is though.
i'm starting the BTEC Certificate in Music Practice in just under two weeks, can't ****ing wait!
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by JC13
Ehh, I'm not very knowledgeable on post-high school education yet... So I'm more asking like, what kind of stuff can you do with it, I guess?

Well most big universities like BTECs, so thats a plus.

*edit* to irongoat: "AAAAH FECK IT, FED UP WITH BRIIIICK!"
BTEC *resists urge to snicker*

Quote by flipthatchicken
Well most big universities like BTECs, so thats a plus.

Really? Maybe they should do a BTEC in mathematics then. I doubt that a BTEC in music is helpful for anythign other than a music degree.

I don't start my A2s until the 15th. But even then I'm not going in on the first day haha.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Sep 2, 2008,
I start my BTEC certificate in Music Technology next week along with Politics AS and Sociology AS. College will be good.
NOPE.
second year of btec nd art
its brilliant. no exams either- cant understand why people choose to do a levels instead
now extra flamey
Quote by OddOneOut

Really? Maybe they should do a BTEC in mathematics then. I doubt that a BTEC in music is helpful for anythign other than a music degree.

I don't start my A2s until the 15th. But even then I'm not going in on the first day haha.

Surely it's better to turn up every day and do a BTEC in something you love, than do your A2's, but not even bother to turn up?

Quote by OddOneOut

The BTEC in Maths sounds rad, but Maths is better judged as an A Level, plus few would take it up.

Also, only certain Unis like BTECs. I'm pretty sure most prefer A Levels. However, BTECs are a valid route. I know someone who got into a Uni course via Business BTEC...
Why are you categorising them both in the same place? They are quite different sports.

Both full contact sports. Both good, I just prefer Rugby
Quote by Ikey
second year of btec nd art
its brilliant. no exams either- cant understand why people choose to do a levels instead

1. Because they're a million times better.
2. Unis take them a lot more seriously.
3. A Levels are more relevant to my interests.
Quote by Grohlthegreat
BTECs are equivalent to 4 GCSEs, i swear.

That's the lower ones, the National Diplomas are the equivalent of 3 A-levels.

Ts, I'm starting the BTEC ND for Music & Music Production next monday, it's gonna be awesome

And hockey > football.
Quote by whatamidoinhere
Surely it's better to turn up every day and do a BTEC in something you love, than do your A2's, but not even bother to turn up?

I'm not missing my £56 driving test for 2 lessons!

I get to study 2 subjects I love (probably would've been 3 if I hadn't chosen Accounting) three times a week each. Even though btec students in the colleges near me only study for 4 days a week, I couldn't just study one thing. It would simply get boring in the end.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by flipthatchicken

That sounds really fun, man. I'm doing BTEC National Diploma in art foundation studies.

Haven't really got into the work yet, still on induction, but it's going to be great.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by OddOneOut
I'm not missing my £56 driving test for 2 lessons!

I get to study 2 subjects I love (probably would've been 3 if I hadn't chosen Accounting) three times a week each. Even though btec students in the colleges near me only study for 4 days a week, I couldn't just study one thing. It would simply get boring in the end.

It all depends on what you really want, I left my last college where I was studying law/psychology/classical&jazz music because I was getting bored.