hey, Im wanting to learn how to play country, im going to parody the country Genre in general, but Im not really sure how, can someone recommend a song to learn to give me a general idea to play country? like new crappy country.... not like sweet johnny cash
Quote by leavesandman
i hope your children get aids

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Member Number 11 of Metallica Mensa
Crappy? Anything by Rascal Flatts.

Really though, country isn't that hard to play. If you are talking lead, then learn how to twang a bit. Rhythm is generally simple, often a blues shuffle.
I think thats a bit extreme for a parody... lol
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

really, just play anything "pop-style" and throw in a steel guitar and lyrics written by a three year old...
but i usually just play around with the G, C and D chords cuz it seems like thats all they use. be sure to twang up your voice.
I was just planning on singing about how my wife stole my truck and dog.... you know... regular country
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

A lot of country is difficult to play. Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Jerry Reed, Glen Campbell, Chet Atkins! Just to name a few. Ignorance has led to people believing its easy.

Theres an article on UG about country licks.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
Im planning on putting it on my bands myspace too if anyone wants to check it out... hopefully it works out... I appreciate everyones help
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

Quote by Sqeeezie
A lot of country is difficult to play. Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Jerry Reed, Glen Campbell, Chet Atkins! Just to name a few. Ignorance has led to people believing its easy.

Theres an article on UG about country licks.

I wish I could play twang like Paisley. ;D

Also, he specifically said crappy.