i need someone to reccomend a solo for me, for a first timer, cos i just conquered alt picking, reccomend either a metal or rock solo, thanks
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Money- Pink Floyd
It's a cool sounding, not difficult solo that most everyone knows.
May be a little bit of a stretch from your tastes (it's a very jazzy song), but it always helps to broaden your influences.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by steven seagull
AC/DC - Highway to Hell

i tried that but the bending confuses me
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks
i tried that but the bending confuses me

it's one of the easiest solos I know - you're going to struggle to find anything without bends.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For easy solos I'd recommend:

The Zephr Song - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Bittersweet - Hoodoo Gurus
When I Come Around - Green Day

The first two have some bends, but they're relatively slower solos so it's will give you some time to get used to them. Bends are confusing at first, but you'll learn to LOVE them!

Good luck!
first one I ever did was blood red, white and blue by rise against
it's got a few bends, but all solos do
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
Quote by t0m_r0cks
i need someone to reccomend a solo for me, for a first timer, cos i just conquered alt picking, reccomend either a metal or rock solo, thanks

Conquered?

Then play the arpeggio section from "The Glass Prison" by Dream Theater.

I'm not being reallly mean but making a point: you have never "conquered" a technique; it can always be better.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
try livin after midnight... Judas priest. The Solo is easy but it sounds awsome so it makes you look like your better than you are (trust me its what I do :p I am a good acoustic guitar player with rythm and chord switching but put me in the situation where I have ot play a solo and well the tapping part of enter sandmans solo and all of livin after midnight ohh and Were not gonna take it is about all I can do)
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
Solo from Freedom - Rage Against the Machine

As easy as they come.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Conquered?

I'm not being reallly mean but making a point: you have never "conquered" a technique; it can always be better.

with all due respect, its relatively obvious i havent been playing a long time and when i said conquered i meant the basics of it and the technique, now we can get back to what the thread was made for
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Bleed American by Jimmy eat world
Epiphone EJ200CE For Sale/Trade
Boss GT-8 For Sale
-----------------------------------------
Wanted (based on sales)
Acoustic/Electric. Standard body w. cutaway.
PM me any offers
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Conquered?

Why are you taking the word "conquered" so serious? His point is obvious, he was just saying he's finally getting used to alt picking. Don't recommend a solo that is 8213789217389213 bpm fast.

I feel like Joker now.

Quote by Kidfadetoblack
Why are you taking the word "conquered" so serious? His point is obvious, he was just saying he's finally getting used to alt picking. Don't recommend a solo that is 8213789217389213 bpm fast.

I'm a firm believer in using english words with their actual meanings and being specific in any questions or requests you make. What he should have said was "Can someone recommend me a solo with some basic alternate picking in it as I've just gotten used to the technique and I need some practice.

If you want some basic stuff to practice alternate picking try things like the "spider" riff from Master of Puppets by Metallica and most of the riffs from Duality by Slipknot, especially the verse riff.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm new to solos as wel, atm i'm learning the intro to still got the blues by gary moore, its pretty simple actually and i'm finding it good to start off on.
the reason i said conquered is because it was hard to do, so it felt right to use this word because i wanted to get my point across that it was difficult, so i apologize
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
You will have to slow these down and work them up to speed, but, Wintersun- Death and the Healing(insane ass solo. . . don't bother with all the sweep picking parts yet if you attempt) and The Haunted- Abysmal
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
hmmm try learning sweating bullets solo. its a great solo for alt picking
all hail dimebag

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music.
Hand of blood solo by bullet for my valentine
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
I'd like to add;

99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
Video Killed the Radio Star - Presidents of the USA

Neither of those solos have bends
done before by searchbar
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Quote by Samothomas
done before by searchbar

clever.

thread starter, try Incubus - Talk Show On Mute. No bends, and just a few slides...plus, it sounds great.
Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Fallen Leaves by Billy Talent
Layla by Eric Clapton(Not so sure but its pretty easy)
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
Most oft hem have bends but it'll help you get used to them gd Luck! and Rock On!
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Josola
Hand of blood solo by bullet for my valentine

i can already play the whole song
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
i wanna learn slither solo, but i dont understand the tab, it has "=" signs? someone help
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Look at the stickied threads at the top of the tab talk forum.
Been away, am back