How come this guy is so cool yet I can't ever tell what in the world he is playing? I can't pick out his bass lines on many songs.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
He plays the pocket very well.

I've been hearing that term thrown around alot recently, but I don't know what it means. Can you explain?
It means staying deep in the groove, not playing many fills or runs and things like that, altho thats the first time I've heard it used to describe bass playing.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Who does he play for?

And Delirium how long have you been a mod?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
since today
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
He follows the bass drum really tightly, I can hear it without a problem. His tone is AMAZING, its cos of him that got me into MM stingrays.
Quote by ScottB.
Who does he play for?

And Delirium how long have you been a mod?

He plays for Disturbed.
K thanks
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Yeh, I really like his work with Pino Palladino
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by slaptasticdave
It means staying deep in the groove, not playing many fills or runs and things like that, altho thats the first time I've heard it used to describe bass playing.

Yeah I've been hearing it in reference to a singer's timing. Wasn't sure of the exact definition. So it's just more or less a slang term?
I guess so
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
Quote by Deliriumbassist
He plays the pocket very well. Although he does throw out some nice fills every now and again. I think Overburdened has the bass playing the intro line, though. Well, most of the song, actually. Always preferred Fuzz though, myself.

Whoa
When did you become a mod?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I thought he was gonna ask how to play a John Mayer song.

nope. hmmm. I like pocket basslines.

I'll go listen to some Disturbed, I usually ignore them.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
I thought he was gonna ask how to play a John Mayer song.

If you took John MAYER, brainwashed him in a cult, then gave him a bass, you might get close to this guy.
The pocket is like the musician's version of Utopia. It's that perfect place where the bass (or any instrument, really) is sitting way back in the groove with the rhythm section and everything is lining up.