Today I went to a guitar store and they had this beautiful guitar there . It was the most beautiful Les Paul I have ever seen . Seriously ..

I didn't tried it out, but now I regret it . I will someday

The thing is, I haven't heard a lot about the guitar .. it was brand new, and I wanted to ask you people if it is worth the prize (it was tagged 520€ I believe) .

Can you help me decide if it would be a good buy ? My birthday is coming up soon and I may gather that money ..

Thanks
from what i have heard the neck is like plastic..but idk never tried it
Quote by death_metaller
...its epiphone

If you mean bad, it wouldn't be. It's a high end one. With EMGs. It'll sound really good for metal.

Maybe you should just try it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
If you mean bad, it wouldn't be. It's a high end one. With EMGs. It'll sound really good for metal.

+1
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I don't get the Guitar Hero comments in regards to this guitar. I have a Guitar Hero controller. If you can't tell the difference between this Guitar and a Guitar Hero controller, you probably shouldn't be playing with either.

It has a SATIN finish to the neck, which I actualy quite like. It's fast, but not so slick as you can't get a good grip on the neck when you need to. I'm debating on the one with the Dirty Finger pickups myself, considering I already have a Hellraiser with EMGs.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Lil Macker

That's why I'm looking at an Epiphone, for it being a high end model. The one I saw didn't have the EMG's , but I don't actually like their sound ..

Quote by Hakael
I don't get the Guitar Hero comments in regards to this guitar. I have a Guitar Hero controller. If you can't tell the difference between this Guitar and a Guitar Hero controller, you probably shouldn't be playing with either.

It has a SATIN finish to the neck, which I actualy quite like. It's fast, but not so slick as you can't get a good grip on the neck when you need to. I'm debating on the one with the Dirty Finger pickups myself, considering I already have a Hellraiser with EMGs.

The one I saw was the Dirty Fingers one . The EMG's on the other model aren't so apelative to me and I like more of the Dirty Fingers finish .

I'll give it a try
Quote by Woozye
That's why I'm looking at an Epiphone, for it being a high end model. The one I saw didn't have the EMG's , but I don't actually like their sound ..

The one I saw was the Dirty Fingers one . The EMG's on the other model aren't so apelative to me and I like more of the Dirty Fingers finish .

I'll give it a try

Oh yeah, I thought you were talking 'bout the EMGs!

But yeah, John Sykes used Dirty Fingers in his Les Paul, and I like his tone. I'd get it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The GX with dirty fingers looks so much better.

but these are supposed to be quite good, but Idk about the neck tbh.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I played the EX with EMG's and I absolutely loved it. Great tone, great feel, great looks. What more can you ask for? I would have bought it if it wasn't so heavy, plus I managed to get a lot more money and bought an ESP F Standard with Floyd Rose. My main reason for going for the ESP was the Floyd Rose, otherwise I was seriously considering buying the Epiphone instead of the ESP.

In short, fantastic guitar, if it suits your needs then get it. I would buy it now if I had the cash.
Quote by MavataR
thats one hell of a find. Did it have change in the case? cause you probably stole it from a busker who was off taking a piss.

I don't see why everyone bags Epiphones. Yeah, the LP Special and such guitars totally blow... but a lot are quite good. I'd gig with either of my 2 Epiphones anyday.

As for this guitar, I have played one at my local music shop... it had the EMG's in it, it had a really nice metal tone and sounded surprisingly nice playing cleans as well. The body is nice, the weight was manageable, but most of my guitars are heavy so I guess I'm more used to it. You definitely should've given it a try, they're great guitars, I was deciding between this one and my Zakk Wylde earlier this year. I ended up with the ZW, but it could've just as easily gone the other way.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I don't see why everyone bags Epiphones. Yeah, the LP Special and such guitars totally blow... but a lot are quite good. I'd gig with either of my 2 Epiphones anyday.

As for this guitar, I have played one at my local music shop... it had the EMG's in it, it had a really nice metal tone and sounded surprisingly nice playing cleans as well. The body is nice, the weight was manageable, but most of my guitars are heavy so I guess I'm more used to it. You definitely should've given it a try, they're great guitars, I was deciding between this one and my Zakk Wylde earlier this year. I ended up with the ZW, but it could've just as easily gone the other way.

Yeah, the standards/G-400 Vintages and up are really nice.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I agree . I have never played Epi's but this one ought to be good, its an high end one , right ?