how heavy of a sound can these pickups put out?

i have a Vox AD50VT and i like the feel of the tele, basically more than any other guitar i have played. But these "wide range" pickups i have never gotten a chance to experience, and i wont be able to play it through my amp unless i buy it.

would the guitar sound good if i tuned town to C standard (at the lowest) with high distortion? and are they noisy?

i like to play anything from Pink Floyd to SOAD to Weedeater or Eyehategod, ISIS, etc
That's the one with humbuckers, right? Well, the pickups were designed by Seth Lover to get the PAF sound, so that gives a basic idea.

I'm guessing it could do it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
you'll need heavy strings to do C standard (12's, with a wound G string likely), or it will probably not sound very good, but that's true of all guitars. The pickups should sound pretty good with distortion. the guitar might be a bit noisy, though, so look up how to shield a guitar and do it if the noise bothers you.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Lil Macker
That's the one with humbuckers, right? Well, the pickups were designed by Seth Lover to get the PAF sound, so that gives a basic idea.

I'm guessing it could do it.

Your thinking of the originals. Sadly, the new ones are nothing like the old ones, practically the only thing they share is the cover.

I have however managed to play my mates Tele Custom which has the Wide Range in the neck. It's clean to get some wicked sounds but it doesnt have the Fender chime or bell, and distorted it sounded very impressive. Dont expect Metallica esque sounds out of it but it packs a punch, i'd say up to kinda SOAD levels, maybe a little less.
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by Taylor704
Your thinking of the originals. Sadly, the new ones are nothing like the old ones, practically the only thing they share is the cover.

I have however managed to play my mates Tele Custom which has the Wide Range in the neck. It's clean to get some wicked sounds but it doesnt have the Fender chime or bell, and distorted it sounded very impressive. Dont expect Metallica esque sounds out of it but it packs a punch, i'd say up to kinda SOAD levels, maybe a little less.

Well, it'll sound pretty closeish, but I'm no Tele expert.

Saying that, you can always get a pickup change if it doesn't suit your needs.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
dude, Aaron from ISIS uses one (along with a Custom model)! go for it, so long as you can get a good high gain sound already, they should be able to cover any of those bands you listed.