I was thinking of getting one, well this one because I've hered alot of people say it was really good and I like the look of it

I was going to paint it white though.

And can you just wire in a killswitch or is it more complicated?

Could you tell me what you think of it?

And if its important I play Alternative Indie The Libertines, The Hives, The Raconteurs etc.
Last edited by will_ot at Sep 2, 2008,
I think it's pretty cool. It's got a really short scale aswell, which is good for having a higher guage strings.

I'd get one.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
it looks like it's a Mustang with a 3 way toggle switch. I'd try it out.
how much is it?
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I've heard some good things. It's note expensive either. Perhaps slightly like the Squier '51 in its position in the market...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
I've heard some good things. It's note expensive either. Perhaps slightly like the Squier '51 in its position in the market...

I suggested that about a week ago in the EHX thread.. i think! You parroted me!

I've tried the classic vibe series strat and it was really nice - i actually have epic GAS for a Duo Sonic.

It should also be good for Indie kind of tones.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Ive heard its pretty superb, well ive heard pretty much all the new classic vibe series are superb, as well as the vintage mod squiers.

Id deffo reccomend trying it, id be interested in getting one myself if theyd do it in a better finish.
Yeah I get that it's good but is it the best in its price range for what I want and could I wire in a killswitch or is it more complicated?

Thanks for your comments though they've been really helpful.
I would've tried one if they had them at GC a few days ago. For $279 it seems like a steal. I might get one but I'll hold off until I try all the Classic Vibe series guitars.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by will_ot
Yeah I get that it's good but is it the best in its price range for what I want and could I wire in a killswitch or is it more complicated?

Thanks for your comments though they've been really helpful.

depends on the size of the routing really - and its too new for anyone to really be able to help you with that.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
depends on the size of the routing really - and its too new for anyone to really be able to help you with that.

Oh okay thanks it dosnt matter then
Damn, I actually kind of want one now; refinish it, get a new pickguard, add some weird BCR style knobs to control god knows what, swap out the pickups.

damn you ts for making me interested in this guitar!!!

Kidding, but seriously, it looks really sick, and you should definitely try one out first (since it's Squier, and Squire hasn't been insanely good since they left Japanese production [in the 80s or early 90s i believe]).
Quote by Blompcube
I suggested that about a week ago in the EHX thread.. i think! You parroted me!

LOL unintentionally honest, didn't read that thread!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I may consider buying one to be honest... they have one in the guitar shop near me... so I may go and try it today
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I was thinking of spraying it white, getting a red tortoise pickguard and some jaguar knobs, what would you do?
Quote by will_ot
I was thinking of spraying it white, getting a red tortoise pickguard and some jaguar knobs, what would you do?

I'd just paint it white, and leave it. It would still look major badass.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Wow, I just posted a pic of my 51 squier in a tele v strat thread. I would think it would be similar to a tele with less bite on the bridge pup. Vintage looks don't hurt a bit.