Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
lol just use a regular slide.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Tyler.

hmm OK you're a retard, i.e. metal head with no appreciation for the roots of music?

That's how it works right? If I don't like someone I say they're a retard and then they are, right?
Because if it works for you it works for me. You don't like something that someone else does (which you haven't even used) so you say it's lame and then it is.

Fack off ya tit job.
T. Rextacy lol. don't you realise the benefit from this one?
That's dumbest thing someone could say lol.
So, if I wanted to use all my fingers and a slide... just use a regular slide. Yes, well done. Problem solved!
You seem like you could be an entrepreneur.
You take things a little to seriously bud. Some people will even consider this spam.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I use a pyrex slide! I really don't use my fingers when I'm sliding, because I'm usually in an open tuning, but they seem pretty cool.
Did you just post a thread to argue against what other people think of it (which is what you asked for), and insult them? or do you actually want an opinion?
Quote by ljpfahey
Tyler.

hmm OK you're a retard, i.e. metal head with no appreciation for the roots of music?

That's how it works right? If I don't like someone I say they're a retard and then they are, right?
Because if it works for you it works for me. You don't like something that someone else does (which you haven't even used) so you say it's lame and then it is.

Fack off ya tit job.

i consider your post spam - and i think sliders are lame

you asked for opinions and i gave it so shut your mouth kid

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
looks intersesting, but you are flaming way too much ljpfahey, totally uncalled for. someone doesn't like something you bought, get over it.

EDIT: LEARN TO USE THE EDIT BUTTON! seriously, you split every post you make into two posts, not cool.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Last edited by skvvisgaar at Sep 2, 2008,
first off, ljpfahey, calm down a bit.

second off, these things actually seem pretty cool. i always avoid writing songs with slide parts because its too hard to get rid of the slide. thats something i may have to look into. a similar product for anyone else interested:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-Hoolahan-Slide-363022-i1130324.gc
oh, and stereotyping metalheads by saying they dont have an appreciation of the roots of music???...well, Ill just leave that alone, because you are just a kid so I wont school you here on the forum

that is all

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
ye all right, thanks to the people who gave useful answers.

I asked if you had one too. Believe me, you can't have a great opinion on this thing unless you've tried it.

And sorry for not liking idiots who say something like sliders are lame. He seems to enjoy his music rather than his instrument, which is fine, but I'll just add that slides aren't only used in blues. You'll find slide guitar on the Dream Theatre album Images and Words.
lol!
Well calling sliders lame isn't exactly appreciating it. You don't have to love it or even listen to it, but don't go calling it lame because it's far from it.

And I'm pretty calm by the way. Notice I've used 'lol' a lot to set the tone. :P
Quote by ljpfahey

I asked if you had one too. Believe me, you can't have a great opinion on this thing unless you've tried it.

And sorry for not liking idiots who say something like sliders are lame. He seems to enjoy his music rather than his instrument, which is fine, but I'll just add that slides aren't only used in blues. You'll find slide guitar on the Dream Theatre album Images and Words.

seriously kid, grow up..... just because I dont like sliders has no relevance to the style of music I like, or the ability in which I play guitar. You asked for opinions and I gave mine, short and sweet - you obviously have issues if you cant take it. calling me a retard or an idiot only displays your own ignorance

I prefer to play metal, and classic rock. I have an appreciation of all kinds of music, I just dont like using a slider because I think its lame....I played trumpet for 6 years and hated using a mute, because I thought it was lame...same idea...

I dont even know why I bothered to write your ignorant a$$ back, so Im done

good day

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by ljpfahey

You asked for opinions and that is his, if you don't like the way he thinks then that's his problem; the point is you aksed for opinions. That being said, to accuse metalheads of not being appreciative of musical roots is as retarded as him for saying the slide is lame.

Don't asume everyone is the same and that they'll agree with you, so next time you buy something don't bother asking for opinions if you're not willing to accept different points of view, as stupid as they may be.
it's just another stupid idea that 5 people will actually buy. kind of like those 'finpicks' that looks like the face of a swordfish. nobody uses them. just another $$$$$ plot.

nothing beats a good old chrome slide.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
You called it lame and then came back to see what I thought of your lame response! For fff's sake. Don't act as if that was a serious, helpful, interesting answer you gave, especially if you hadn't used it. I asked for people who had used it.

And I only said that was your music style because of your Ibanez, I just took a guess, sorry.
When someone, probably a metal head (only from what I've seen), says sliding is lame it kind of suggests they don't appreciate the style it's associated with.

I found your answer inappropriate. It was blatantly just to annoy, and now it's all turned on me.

Sooo...
Does anyone have it, if so, what do you think of it?
What I asked in the first place.
Quote by Tyler Durden
seriously kid, grow up..... just because I dont like sliders has no relevance to the style of music I like, or the ability in which I play guitar. You asked for opinions and I gave mine, short and sweet - you obviously have issues if you cant take it. calling me a retard or an idiot only displays your own ignorance

I prefer to play metal, and classic rock. I have an appreciation of all kinds of music, I just dont like using a slider because I think its lame....I played trumpet for 6 years and hated using a mute, because I thought it was lame...same idea...

I dont even know why I bothered to write your ignorant a$$ back, so Im done

good day

you cant say anything, you started the whole thing with your first post. it was pretty spammy and you are lucky not to have a warning for it. now, if people cant post nicely, im going to have to put my foot down. or up your asses if i must. if you cant keep it on topic and post nicely, dont post at all.
I use a brass slide I got a long time ago, sounds pretty cool, only thing is you need to use some Brasso on it to make it shiny from time to time when it gets brownish and dull. same thing with the brass jetslides i would assume, though the chrome slides dont need to have anything put on them to keep them shiny.

EDIT:
Quote by ljpfahey
actually I'm bored now. You've spoiled my mood.

spamming your own thread? Now your just asking for a mod to warn you. people have been helpful in your thread, and you would see that if you just ignored people who don't agree with you, or who have their own opinions. you are acting childish saying you are "bored" of this thread. grow up.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Last edited by skvvisgaar at Sep 2, 2008,