I'm sorry for my last posts, I apologize for all the arguments and for the ignorance. I wasn't taking anything in to consideration. But, I've been doing some research and I think I've found my amp. If you want to close this thread too then go ahead but I just wanted to apologize and ask people's opinions on a amp and actually listen this time. The amp is extremely pricey but I'm going to work as hard as I can until I get the money for it. It's a Framus Cobra. Watching videos and listening to the tone is just mind blowing for me, it's my sound. The sound that the Frontman was giving me but in a much bigger amplifier. And just to let you all know, I started my music tech course on Monday so I should be gradually getting a better knowledge on stuff like this. Once again, I apologize to everyone.
Quote by XxDemoNxX
The sound that the Frontman was giving me but in a much bigger amplifier.

you think a framus cobra sounds like a frontman?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
music tech course really should help you

I was a bit like that until i did music tech. I passed my ND with a triple distinction grade now i go to art college doing music performance - i've developed my skills on the technical side, i decided its time to work on the performance - its awesome after 2 days

once you've done the course you'll be able to see that a framus cobra is much better than a fender frontman lol
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yeah I know it's a better amp lol but it's got the harsh treble. Something a Marshall could never give me. It's a better amp by far. I was looking at a bigger frontman but I'm worried I'll just get the same thing with the Marshall. But oh well College is pretty tiring though but I know it's going to benefit me. Well done for the 3 distinctions, the way it's been explained to me sounds pretty tough to get them. But I've got the determination to stick out the course and work as hard as I can. I think a few weeks of work and ema will get me enough money. Still don't know what I'm going to do with the Marshall though. I've emailed Marshall themselves, they said the only difference in the DFX and HDFX is different speakers. I've complained about the faulty overdrive middle knob and they've told me to send it back to them. But then it's another £14 to send it to Merchant City, they send it to Marshall and then if there's no fault, I'm stuck with a amp I hate. I was playing on a JCM800 Tuesday, it's true that Marshall make good tubes but bad solid states. I think I'm done with solid states now though, for my style anyway
Here's a good example of the sound I want, it's the last but one example he shows, the one with the mids and I know you can get nice clean tones from the Cobra too, sorry danyellenik I should have explained, I know the Frontman isn't anywhere the Cobra, it's the distortion I'm after lol but the clean could come in very useful also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9CGQS3iz84
Quote by XxDemoNxX

No offense, but that's the worst sounding tone I've ever heard from a Cobra

Go search on netmusicians.org and find out what it really sounds like
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've never heard of that site. There's some really nice tracks on there though. I love the cover of Laid To Rest with the Cobra, sounds beautiful. There you go, you guys have cracked me I don't think I ever want to spend money on a solid state again :/
Aww I wanted to upload my GCSE composition but Linux won't let me convert it Oh well lol. I'm going to get a video of me playing soon.

sounds like you've made a decent choice, and a lasting choice at that
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Hopefully, job hunting on the weekend now Something to fill in my time away from College. I'll probably post tomorrow. Oh yeah, I should be needing help soon on good angles to mic up a 4x12 cab, I know you should experiment yourself but I want to know people's opinions to get the best sound.