Page 1 of 5
FunkyFire
762 IQ
Whats it like? It seems almost non-existent here in newton, GA. I was the only guy really into punk all through school (not counting the freshmen my senior year who kinda dressed the part but knew nothing about the rest). When I go to shows in Atlanta there does seem to be quite a few skinheads, punks, etc but thats the only place.
you guys?
BFMV fan
average rock fan
354 IQ
here in california there is a bunch of groups, there are the punkers, skaters, metalheads, gangsters, geeks, etc.
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by sorrykid77
punk sucks in all forms

except for rancid/operation ivy

Why are you in the punk forum ? The two replies so far are great :p.

Well around me it's pretty good, we have New Brunswick which is a great scene and only about a 20 minute drive from me. There seems to be punk shows all over the state of Jersey which is pretty awesome.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I'm not really involved in the punk scene in my area. I don't really know if there's a scene anymore. There's a couple of bands though.

I need to make a punk friend to go to shows with.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
New Hampshire has some good pop-punk bands. I go to shows over in Dover all the time.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Sep 2, 2008,
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
Couple bands here.

None I'd care to see.

I'd rather have a scooter scene than a music scene. Hopefully Gas prices will help me out.
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
Quote by gopherthegreat
New Hampshire has some good pop-punk bands. I go to shows over in Dover all the time.

This.

Although, most of the bands sound the same. Therein lays the problem with pop-punk, it's so unoriginal nowadays.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
But that means if it's a punk show, I don't need to know who's playing to know if I'm gonna like the bands

Seriously though, that does turn me off of pop-punk a bit. I would never want to be in a pop-punk band.

Jack my swag
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by gopherthegreat
But that means if it's a punk show, I don't need to know who's playing to know if I'm gonna like the bands

Seriously though, that does turn me off of pop-punk a bit. I would never want to be in a pop-punk band.

Haha, that's the opposite of me, I really want to be in a pop punk band, but we wouldn't be generic.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!
1,118 IQ
I wrote a song called "Sometimes I Wish I Was In A Pop Punk Band"

Anyway, I've only been to about five or six shows since I moved here, so I guess you could say I'm just getting into the scene. But so far, I think it's pretty good. I've been talking to this kid who's been putting on a TON of shows, and I think he's really building up the scene. There's a ton of good bands, and I think it's gonna become really strong soon.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
MisspentYouth
My Sox Are White
138 IQ
My town's punk scene in Northern Virginia is basically nonexistant... it's a bunch of hardcore screamo stuff, mainly. About half an hour away, in Manassas, though, it's pretty good.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!
1,118 IQ
Quote by MisspentYouth
My town's punk scene in Northern Virginia is basically nonexistant... it's a bunch of hardcore screamo stuff, mainly. About half an hour away, in Manassas, though, it's pretty good.

How far are you from Richmond?
mbbmalcolm
24 IQ
My town doesn't really have a scene but theres a good one in DC, which is like 10 minutes away, but Im not really involved. Theres like 5 punks in my grade, and I hate 2 out of the 3 that Ive met. So it kinda sucks.
Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Scene is pretty good here. I've probably explained this before though so whatever. Its fun.

Someone make a trip to Orange County/LA area and we'll party.
MisspentYouth
My Sox Are White
138 IQ
Quote by Ska Wars
How far are you from Richmond?

About three hours. And one hour from DC. Which is why I can't wait to move back to Chicago.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Attrociously terrible.

It's either bad Rancid impersonators or bad Towers impersonators, like Bugglebum Screw
FunkyFire
762 IQ
That reminds me, if anyone lives nearby, hit me up. I need a friend I can go to punk shows with. (Newton county Ga)
hooligan07
hooligan07
911 IQ
i'm from east los angeles.. we have backyard gigs every weekend that i never go to.
or you can drive down to hollywood and catch real shows
crustyreed
493 IQ
i don't know anything about the geography of georgia but if you are anywhere near augusta their is an extremely sick band from there named the skuds.

DC and richmond both rage. i live an hour from chicago but go there every weekend.
thus go to dc and richmond.
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
1,343 IQ
I live 45 minutes from Fort Worth, and 1 1/2 hours from Dallas and Denton.

Fort Worth doesn't seem to have much of a punk scene that I know of, but bands from the surrounding area play at the DIY venue on the south side. 1919 Hemphill is my favorite place to go for shows.

Dallas has a lot of really good hardcore punk. Unit 21, ANS, Spazm 151, and more that I can't remember. Dallas punk shows usually take place at bars in the Deep Ellum area (downtown Dallas near the commercial district). My favorite venue there was the Red Blood Club, but they recently went bankrupt and shut down. The bars in the area are struggling lately, I think the whole scene is starting to shift more towards independent underground venues.

Denton is a little different - there's a lot of punk going on there, but it's more artsy, experimental stuff centered around the University of North Texas, and shows there almost exclusively take place in basements and houses.

There's also a small scene sprouting up in Arlington, but a lot of it isn't even punk. I'm seeing a lot of non-punk artists latch on to the whole DIY thing, and it's cool because they're opening up opportunities for themselves that they didn't have before. Punk rock is actually turning other artists away from record labels and the music industry. We win?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
1,343 IQ
We also have MDC.

And uhh... Pantera
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Calgary's scene is sort of part of a network of touring bands that goes from Victoria-Vancouver-Edmonton-Calgary-Saskatoon-Winnipeg.

Eastern Canada sort of has its own network, because all the major cities over there are pretty close together. There's a big divide between the two, so we're kind of isolated from each other.
AlskiOverload
Actually Has a Sig
2,125 IQ
Theres alot of Punk and Grunge bands over in where I am, which I find weird, because I live in Montana. That, and country music.
InstantAXonHero
713 IQ
If you count boys who spend longer doing their hair than actually playing as punk than it is very much alive, if not, dead.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
We also have MDC.

And uhh... Pantera

You have the Dicks. They're easily the best Texas punk band, imo.

Jack my swag
Bayonetwork
My Nutrients!
547 IQ
In Rome, GA, we have Unseen Stimuli who is pretty awesome. We also have We Won't Stop, The Bastard Suns, and 50:50 Shot in Atlanta.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
DyNoMiTe...!
12 IQ
We have had a couple of bands come play, like mad cowboys, high five drive, strung out, chixdiggit and a couple other local bands none are really good except for The Wild and they moved out west. the singer/guitarist for the wild sets up all of the shows around here, our local scene sucks haha
Ska Wars
Call Marcus!
1,118 IQ
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
There is no scene where I live.

Do you not live in Richmond anymore?
hug a llama
is comma happy
511 IQ
I live in Fremont and the only close venue I know of is in driving distance....other than thisone teen center by the park....
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Quote by DyNoMiTe...!
We have had a couple of bands come play, like mad cowboys, high five drive, strung out, chixdiggit and a couple other local bands none are really good except for The Wild and they moved out west. the singer/guitarist for the wild sets up all of the shows around here, our local scene sucks haha

I <3 the Mad Cowboys.
RiotRiotUpstart
UG's jock punk
256 IQ
Quote by Ska Wars
Do you not live in Richmond anymore?

Nope. I had to drop out of VCU. I'm back in Stafford again.

Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Quote by hooligan07
i'm from east los angeles.. we have backyard gigs every weekend that i never go to.
or you can drive down to hollywood and catch real shows

You still have to come down to Orange County and hit our backyard parties.
HiImKindaNewAnd
Stupid n00b
234 IQ
Punk? We have some bands that cover classic rock songs. Is that close enough?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.