when i was in my local music store i spotted a J B Player bass that was a knockoff of a Music Man Stingray. it is a used 5-string that looked new, with one humbucker. i didnt really crank it up because there was a lesson going on and i didnt want to drown it out with less than jake. for all of you who own or have played the J B Player, what do you think about it? the two main things i'm looking for are the durability and the overall tone. is it a decent substitute for a Music Man Stingray or not? thanks for any help.
I don't know anything about 'em, though I'd love to get myself a Stingray. My dream bass is a Ray.

But if it felt and sounded good to you, then go ahead and pick it up.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
If you want a Stingray, but can't afford the price tag, look out for a SUB, they're are discontinued but can still be found in stores.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
If you want a Stingray, but can't afford the price tag, look out for a SUB, they're are discontinued but can still be found in stores.

i just googled that and found some very mixed reviews on musiciansfriend. if one comes my way though i'll be sure to try it out.