What is the difference between these two? They are priced about the same, I am leaning towards the DKMGT because I like the carved top, which one is higher build quality?

It seems that the DK2T is not really widely available? I can probably order either one from my local store though.

I am initially looking for a mid-priced superstrat ($500-$700) I do a lot of Petrucci stuff and some jazz, my main is an RGA121
Last edited by ixelion at Sep 2, 2008,
well the main difference is the pickups I think, the MG has emg's and the Dk2 has seymours.

also I think the dk2 has a maple fretboard whereas the MG has a rosewood one (dont take my word for gospel though)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I have a DKMGT and I love it, the only difference really is the pickups.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
DKMG has a carved top, reverse headstock and EMG pickups. The DK2 has seymour duncans pickups and a maple fingerboard. My friend has a DK2M and I prefer my DKMG but their both good guitars so the choice is yours.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
For anyone who has either of these guitars, or any Dinky for that matter, able to get one in any color other than black? I am sick to death of all the black guitars.

I like the carved top on the DKMG so I will go for that and probably ditch the EMGs.
Quote by ixelion
For anyone who has either of these guitars, or any Dinky for that matter, able to get one in any color other than black? I am sick to death of all the black guitars.

I like the carved top on the DKMG so I will go for that and probably ditch the EMGs.

Check out the colours on the Jackson website.
ಠ_ಠ