Alright just yetserday i got a new guitar (epiphone aj200e) the bridge pins are set very deep into the bridge and i was wondering how i should go about removing them when i need to change the strings without harming the guitar or the pins? i dont want to use plyers because they will ruin the pins and it will still be really difficult to remove them. any tips?

Also theres a little issue with the B string at the bridge. the string isnt set directly into the little gap they cut out right next to the bridge pin so its off-center and closer to the G string than the E. what im wondering is will that effect the sound of the string at all? could it cause any problems? should i loosen the string to fix it or just not worry about it until i change strings?

thanks in advance.
string winders havr a hook on them that you use to pop pins out.

And having the string where it is probably will effect the sound and I don't like it will really...damage anything, but it might cut a groove into the bridge.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Sep 2, 2008,
try taking the string and pushing it down into the pin to get the ball end loose. that should make it easier to get out if you can get em to move. as far as the alignment of the strings the tension should make them go straight where they need to as long as theres no notches on the bridge interfering.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
string winders havr a hook on them that you use to pop pins out.

And having the string where it is probably will effect the sound and I don't like it will really...damage anything, but it might cut a groove into the bridge.

the problem though is that the pins are set in so deep only the top half of the pin is visible so i cant use a winder to pop them out.

and it has cut a tiny little groove into it the bridge. what if i was to loosen the string and put it back into place then tighten it again? or do you think thatll break the string?
Quote by PrimalScreamer
the problem though is that the pins are set in so deep only the top half of the pin is visible so i cant use a winder to pop them out.

and it has cut a tiny little groove into it the bridge. what if i was to loosen the string and put it back into place then tighten it again? or do you think thatll break the string?

when you change the strings, just unwind and take off all the strings at the tuning machines. push the strings into the bridge hole and then stick your hand in the soundhole to push the bridge pin out from the bottom.

and before any misinformed person tries to tell you differently, yes, it is okay to take off all the strings at once. acoustic guitars are different from electric guitars where you need a constant tension on the saddle.

as for loosening that string to adjust the string's position on the saddle... it should be fine to do so. should't break the string. just be firm but gentle.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
when you change the strings, just unwind and take off all the strings at the tuning machines. push the strings into the bridge hole and then stick your hand in the soundhole to push the bridge pin out from the bottom.

and before any misinformed person tries to tell you differently, yes, it is okay to take off all the strings at once. acoustic guitars are different from electric guitars where you need a constant tension on the saddle.

as for loosening that string to adjust the string's position on the saddle... it should be fine to do so. should't break the string. just be firm but gentle.

alright thanks.