Page 3 of 25
Brian is doing solo acoustic dates in between Gaslight tours this winter. That would be cool to see.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by element4433
Is Polar Bear Club touring with them as well? If so, best show ever.

I think Polar Bear Club was this tour. They might be doing the Spring one too. Gaslight and Frank for £10 was enough to sell it to me anyway.

EDIT: PBC are playing the Spring dates too

Polar Bear Club, Frank Turner and Gaslight Anthem for £10. Jesus Chrisssssssssst.
Quote by fake_sk8r182
I think Polar Bear Club was this tour. They might be doing the Spring one too. Gaslight and Frank for £10 was enough to sell it to me anyway.

EDIT: PBC are playing the Spring dates too

Polar Bear Club, Frank Turner and Gaslight Anthem for £10. Jesus Chrisssssssssst.

A TENNER?!

I had to pay 16 quid for Gaslight, worth every penny mind.

You'll have a great time, could only be better with Frank Turner there.

They should have added Edinburgh though to this Spring tour
Quote by Cadj
Just back from Glasgow.

OH.MY.GOD!

Everyone needs to see this band.

Former Cell Mates were proper mint but were only on about 25minutes, the King Blues absolutely tore up the place and this older gentleman getting bevvied singing away to them.

Then jesus christ, the Gaslight Anthem played about 90-100 minutes of pure awesomeness.

You could tell he genuinely loved our singing along.

Then i got to SHAKE BRIANS HAND AFTER THE SHOW!!!!

My right hand shall never be washed again.

God damn. They only played for 30 minutes in Chicago.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
No matter how much I try, I can't decide which of their albums I like the best.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
ya know, you don't always have to have a "favorite" album.

this goes for all bands, what's wrong with just accepting that more than one is amazing?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
That's true.

It's just weird with this band, because listening to "Sink or Swim" and "The '59 Sound" is like listening to two completely different bands that are equally awesome.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
The Blues, Mary by Brian Fallon on his Myspace is wonderful

Everyone needs to check it out, like right now.
Found Sink or Swim on vinyl today at Hot Topic, it was unexpected but an awesome surprise. Now I just need to get The '59 Sound on vinyl, I'll get it next time I see them.

Also I'm sad that I missed them with Let Me Run and The Bouncing Souls, it must have been a great show.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
It took me a long time to get around to listening to this band, but I finally got The '59 Sound and I love it. I'll be getting Sink or Swim soon.
My friend just got me into them. I have the '59 sound album and it sounds great so far. Is the first album worth getting? If it is they're playing in february near me so i might go see them aswell...
Quote by StonaLemons
My friend just got me into them. I have the '59 sound album and it sounds great so far. Is the first album worth getting? If it is they're playing in february near me so i might go see them aswell...

Mate, they're playing alongside Frank Turner and Polar Bear Club on that tour. Well worth your dollar.

Also, Sink and Swim is dope. Definitely check it out.
Both albums are brilliant yet almost sound like different bands.

Both are great though, if you can only get one then The '59 Sound is your best bet, although depends on the price.

Also check out the Senor And The Queen EP as it has their 4 best songs on that EP alone, well IMO but Blue Jeans... and Say I Won't are amazing songs.
anybody seeing them open for DMB & Springsteen in London
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
I really like their music but since when were they a pop punk band? I have never heard them classified as such and this comes from someone who listens to pop punk, so I'm not just a hater. I really think they are just a punk band and remind me more of Against Me! and The Cure (early) than of Green Day, Jawbreaker, Brand New or the Descendents. Someone care to explain?
i love the little springsteen references in their song
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
Quote by brucehead
i love the little springsteen references in their song

Its not pop punk- its Springsteencore.
Quote by Kurasuke
Its not pop punk- its Springsteencore.

exactly!!!
I'm seeing them in sf at slims with A Death In The Family which obviously is going to be an awesome show. This would be my third time seeing them.

The first time was at bottom of the hill with the draft and dead to me. ****ing awesome show and I was like 1 of 5 people singing along with them (this was when sink or swim was still somewhat new) . They had tons of energy and were just awesome as i expected them to be. After the show I talked with Brian and Benny and they were telling me how the first time they went to the sf area (which was actually in pacifica), there were literally 5 to 6 people at the show. I was so pumped from the awesomeness of them, dead to me and THE DRAFT that when I said bye to Brian and Holly, they said looked at me as if I were drunk and gave a nice warm smile as they told me to drive home safely. I wasn't, I just don't have inhibitions like other people do. Brian has this interesting smile on his face when you talk to him.

The second time was with alk3, thrice and rise against. I had just come down with a head cold and a sore throat but that wasn't going to stop me from going and singing my heart out. It was at the san jose state university event center. The tickets just said 6:30 so I naturally assumed that was then the doors opened. When we finally paid the atrocious 10 dollars for parking, and walked down the stairs (around 6:42) then back up the stairs to the event center (around 6:46), I noticed the light echo of 'We Came to Dance' in the air. Devastated I quickly ran down stairs to the floor and made my way to about 6 feet away from the barricades. I couldn't get any closer because some damn teeny bopper with and new smelling rise against shirt wouldn't let me further.

I quickly got into the moment of singing along with them as they finished we came to dance. Next they played Angry Johnny and the Radio. I have no clue if any of the other people listening to them gave them a listen before the show, but some fat tall guy suddenly yelled 'Make a PIT' and began to swing his arms like a retarded ape. I don't know if you've heard angry johnny and the radio, but it's a very relaxed song that should be sung along with, with fist and/or pointer finger in the air. After the song was over I gave my ferocious "YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH" while simultaneously throwing my fist in the air and soon clapping after. (Keep in mind I am sick and could barely talk on the drive over to the show.) This obviously angered the teeny bopper in front of me, cause she (and her father) gave me a stern/disgusted look soon after.

Then gaslight said something I hoped they wouldn't: "This is our last one, have a good night." They ended with the backseats and after that I left the main floor and moved to the seats. Thrice played a beastly set, as did the trio. Both bands mixing in oldies and obviously some new ones. After the trio, I went to the merch booths and struggled to tell the fat guy handling those which shirts I wanted. Soon I noticed some stupid drunk girl (who was oddly enough wearing another rise against shirt) knocking over the merch table and her friends who ran to her side and planned on picking her up and moving her to the wall in which she could lean. Half a minute later we (my gf, her brother and I) hear this loud smack and what sounded like a bit of a crack. We look over to the wall and notice the girl is no longer leaning on the wall and is now laying on the floor, knocked out. Seems she had stupid friends who let her (being completely off balance) stand and lean, as opposed to sitting and leaning. After I laughed, I left, not staying for Rise Against.

The moral of the story: big shows are horrible.
Originally posted by baddewd
^Loser.

baddewd's talking about me!
Quote by nuw buddy
\
The first time was at bottom of the hill with the draft and dead to me. ****ing awesome show and I was like 1 of 5 people singing along with them (this was when sink or swim was still somewhat new) . They had tons of energy and were just awesome as i expected them to be. After the show I talked with Brian and Benny and they were telling me how the first time they went to the sf area (which was actually in pacifica), there were literally 5 to 6 people at the show. I was so pumped from the awesomeness of them, dead to me and THE DRAFT that when I said bye to Brian and Holly, they said looked at me as if I were drunk and gave a nice warm smile as they told me to drive home safely. I wasn't, I just don't have inhibitions like other people do. Brian has this interesting smile on his face when you talk to him. \

You saw them with Dead to Me? Totally jealous. I love Dead to Me.
yeah, it was awesome but kinda sucked cause there were only like 5 of us singing along with tga, then dead to me come on and like the whole crowd of like 15-30 people cram themselves into the space of like 10 people and throw their fist in the air and sang along with them. On another interesting note, during the drafts set while they were singing the song lo zee rose, chicken of dtm was singing along with the crowd and grabbed onto me and we sang arm and arm with each other. That show was just plain awesome.
^Loser.

Quote by nuw buddy
yeah, it was awesome but kinda sucked cause there were only like 5 of us singing along with tga, then dead to me come on and like the whole crowd of like 15-30 people cram themselves into the space of like 10 people and throw their fist in the air and sang along with them. On another interesting note, during the drafts set while they were singing the song lo zee rose, chicken of dtm was singing along with the crowd and grabbed onto me and we sang arm and arm with each other. That show was just plain awesome.

Chicken is the man. He used to room with my former art teacher's husband so I got to meet him after they playing with the Bouncing Souls because we had to giver him a card.
besides the '59 sound which is an amazinggggg song.

what songs do u recommend i check out by them?
"meet me by the river's edge", "great expectations", "even cowgirls get the blues", and "here's looking at you kid"
Quote by pepperboy333
besides the '59 sound which is an amazinggggg song.

what songs do u recommend i check out by them?

The Senor And The Queen EP.

And the other 2 albums of course aswell, but mainly the EP.
Fantastic stuff.
I like 'em. Straight ahead r&r, no bs. Good lyrics, I think, too. Cheers to starting a thread on 'em.
Quote by tonepro
I like 'em. Straight ahead r&r, no bs. Good lyrics, I think, too. Cheers to starting a thread on 'em.

Good band, wrong section.
Where do you think they belong? I bet they wouldn't get as much attention in Modern Rock as they do here...

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by nuw buddy
The moral of the story: big shows are horrible.

Haha, so true, I saw them with Thrice, Alk3, and Rise Against too. I almost saw them again with Let Me Run and The Bouncing Souls.

They were great, it was funny how nobody there even knew who they were and I was pretty much there for them

There were so many drunk stupid people who have probably been to two shows in their life. There were girls on people's shoulders and just annoying things. I hate big shows.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Where do you think they belong? I bet they wouldn't get as much attention in Modern Rock as they do here...

Punk
This is the only site that I've seen that labeled them as anything but punk. I guess I'm more inclusive about punk- if its new but not widespread enough to warrant a new genre, it goes into the old genre. Its a punk band that draws influence from post-punk and classic rock and some Against Me! influence. What I mean is that its punk + rock, not punk + pop.
yeah I noticed that too, and that is the main reason I hate ug in the sense that pretty much everyone here consults with each other to collectively label what type of band is what. And as usual, the collective is always wrong.
^Loser.

Quote by StreetLight3989
Haha, so true, I saw them with Thrice, Alk3, and Rise Against too. I almost saw them again with Let Me Run and The Bouncing Souls.

They were great, it was funny how nobody there even knew who they were and I was pretty much there for them

There were so many drunk stupid people who have probably been to two shows in their life. There were girls on people's shoulders and just annoying things. I hate big shows.

i saw hold steady where that happened and craig finn went nuts. some guy jumped on stage and he bum rushed him into the bathroom
what's a typical GA set like since i am seeing them in may
Quote by brucehead
i saw hold steady where that happened and craig finn went nuts. some guy jumped on stage and he bum rushed him into the bathroom
what's a typical GA set like since i am seeing them in may

I don't know what their set list is like now. When I saw them they only played like seven songs, half and half from each album.

I wish I saw them with the Hold Steady, I love them too.
that would be a sweet tour. the loved ones opened for hold steady and they were good too. they're headlining the show i am at so maybe it'll be an hour