Ok so I just found out some weird stuff. When I play a song through my headphones, I can move around the wire to make it so that one part can't connect. When I do this the bass is reduced, I can only hear the drum fortees, and I can hear the rythem guitar and lower harmonic parts better. I can also hear backup vocals very clearly. Vocals you'd never hear during the song unless you had super sonic ears.

Has any body tried this? I'm probably just figuring out what everybody already knows but hey it's pretty cool.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
It makes you wonder why they bother in the studio to layer everything so much. I know it fills the sound up but people never notice the amount of effort is put into these things.
Quote by Banana Man
Ok so I just found out some weird stuff. When I play a song through my headphones, I can move around the wire to make it so that one part can't connect. When I do this the bass is reduced, I can only hear the drum fortees, and I can hear the rythem guitar and lower harmonic parts better. I can also hear backup vocals very clearly. Vocals you'd never hear during the song unless you had super sonic ears.

Has any body tried this? I'm probably just figuring out what everybody already knows but hey it's pretty cool.

If you listen to the Beatles at all, listen to some of them while doing that, it's pretty sweet.
Mine always do that

Its annoying
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by st.stephen
If you listen to the Beatles at all, listen to some of them while doing that, it's pretty sweet.

definitely. i like how they pan vocals to only one side and drums and strings to the other
I see no sign of fortress.
Last edited by Phorgot at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by ShaunDiel
Everybody already knows this and surprisingly there was already a thread on it

There is?? Can I get a link please =]
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
So basically, the song is split in two seeing as it's stereo rather than mono - one guitar/vocals in one ear etc. and you cut the connection to one, essentially only hearing one half of the track.
RULE BRITANNIA
TS, this start happening when ur headphone's wiring is starting to break...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Phorgot
definitely. i like how they pan vocals to only one side and drums and strings to the other

i actually dont. because it gets annoying if i hear the voice on side and it irritates my ears. its cool if bands split something into stereo once in a while (like a duet in a solo or vocals).
Quote by Skullshredda
TS, this start happening when ur headphone's wiring is starting to break...

+1

time for some new headphones methinks
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by AngryGoldfish
It makes you wonder why they bother in the studio to layer everything so much. I know it fills the sound up but people never notice the amount of effort is put into these things.

It's something you wouldn't notice unless it wasn't there. If it was just guitar, bass, drums, and one vocal track, you'd sit and listen to it going, "Something about this song is wrong."

Or maybe you'd like how raw it sounded. It depends. But for the average listener, it's more of a subliminal thing, I'd say.