I'm looking for a guitar less then a $1000 but I want it to be a single cut. Name some brands and models I should look into that are good quality. Go!

Bonus Points for an Answer: Do EMG's sound good on a clean channel?
LTD EC-1000?

And EMG's can sound good on a clean channel; depending on amp.
I just got a Paul Reed Smith SE Singlecut Trem a couple months ago and I am in love with it. Runs $600. It just feels right to me. Albeit that I haven't played a lot of different guitars, check out some reviews on this one. Its amazing.
If the EMGs are 60s they should be alright. And the PRS that drmichael mentioned is nice.
My EMGs (81TW-89) sound incredible through my Mesa on the clean channel. I can dial in anything from acoustic-ish tones to warm, full, cleans, to mild jazz tones. And that PRS is a good idea.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
There are quite a lot of single cut guitars. Fender Telecasters, certain models of the Gibson Les Paul, various Washburns, ESPs/LTDs... What styles do you play?
Quote by whiteraven119
There are quite a lot of single cut guitars. Fender Telecasters, certain models of the Gibson Les Paul, various Washburns, ESPs/LTDs... What styles do you play?

I like to do Jimi Hendrix, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath, Motley Crue type things. LTD EC 1000's look amazing. I like the white.

So nao what do you suggest?
Last edited by Dirty_Civilian at Sep 2, 2008,