so i just let my friend Joeborrow one of my pa speakers Saturday, and the guy brings it back and was like .. we blew your speaker.....i responded with a thorough verbal beat down, then proceeded to take a looksie at my now busted sound projection unit.
anyway i noticed that when i plugged it in i didnt hear any of the cracling or such as i would normally associate with a blown speaker...and i beleive i am familiar with them...so i called up a compadre and he sez "well some speakers have electronic circuitry that blows the fuse instead of the speaker as a failsafe if some dumbass like joe feeds it too much juice.,,,,my question is how would i know if its a blown fuse or not......

my speakers an mx-audio tp1200.... i know not exactly classy or tastefull, but this thing was working great and was pretty damn clean before i gave it to the guy, so i would like to see if its repairable. thanks ug
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-
Change the fuse anyways to be sure?
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
right...that's the thing. it doesn't work...i get absolutely no sound out of it...wich i would expect like i said some crackling or something.
Quote by casualty01

btw, you're annoying me.

banned.

Cas-
No. If you blew the fuse, it wouldn't even turn on.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
so i just let my friend Joeborrow one of my pa speakers Saturday, and the guy brings it back and was like .. we blew your speaker.....i responded with a thorough verbal beat down, then proceeded to take a looksie at my now busted sound projection unit.
anyway i noticed that when i plugged it in i didnt hear any of the cracling or such as i would normally associate with a blown speaker...and i beleive i am familiar with them...so i called up a compadre and he sez "well some speakers have electronic circuitry that blows the fuse instead of the speaker as a failsafe if some dumbass like joe feeds it too much juice.,,,,my question is how would i know if its a blown fuse or not......

my speakers an mx-audio tp1200.... i know not exactly classy or tastefull, but this thing was working great and was pretty damn clean before i gave it to the guy, so i would like to see if its repairable. thanks ug

Your compadre is an idiot. The only failsafe a speaker has is the assumption that the user doesn't try to put too much power through it and blow it out.

The fuse is in the amp and its supposed to make sure that short circuits, current spikes, etc. don't damage other parts of the amp.

To Tehnez, that isn't true, tube amps have two fuses, one HT fuse and one Mains fuse. If the HT fuse is blown, the amp still turns on.
Quote by al112987

To Tehnez, that isn't true, tube amps have two fuses, one HT fuse and one Mains fuse. If the HT fuse is blown, the amp still turns on.

Right, but this is a PA, not a tube amp.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
The MTX website doesn't say whether the TP1200 has a fuse, but that would make sense. Even if the 12" driver was blown, you'd still get sound from the horn tweeter, unless the crossover was blown as well. A blown fuse just makes more sense.

If there's a fuse then it's probably mounted on the crossover circuit board, which is probably mounted on the back of the jackplate. Remove the jackplate and take a look.