Hey guys. I am looking to get some higher gain and wanted to get rid of my nano metal muff. It served me well, but I just need a little more. I'm running it through the clean channel on Krank Rev Jr. I don't run an overdrive at all right now, but I have a Jekyll and Hyde in the mail. What do you guys think would help me get some chunkier palm mutes and a more metal tone. From lamb of god to to death metal.
Just wait for the Jekyll and Hyde.

Why are you using the clean channel with a distortion pedal? The gain channel has more than enough gain for what you want...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hey dude, I think we actually talked about this before. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing with the amp to get that sort of tone out of it. On the Krank channel, if I go high on the gain then the volume just gets too loud for what I can play it at. Plus, it has the added bonus of letting me use my foot to go between clean and distorted since the Krank has no foot switch.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Why are you using the clean channel with a distortion pedal? The gain channel has more than enough gain for what you want...

This.

And have you tried running the MM on the gain channel?
I was going to say, I run a Metal Master through the gain channel of my Krank Jr. I keep the gain settings low on the pedal and the amp and it sounds bad ass. Plus I have the added bonus of being able to use the equalizer knobs that aren't available on the kleen channel.
Yeah, I'm hopin' the OD will help. I've never used one as this Krank is only a month or so old, and I've never used a tube before. Hopefully that Jekyll and Hyde will help be out. So what piece of gear should I be looking for then? Think I could swap that muff out for anything. I've been thinking some sort of noise gate (which also had me looking at a Line 6 uber metal for the built in noise gate and distortion)
Quote by MatrixClaw
Just wait for the Jekyll and Hyde.

The same could be said about the JSX but the Satch uses a distortion pedal on the clean channel - use to be a Boss DS-1 but now its the Vox Satchurator.

But I agree with the OD + gain channel that has already been recommended.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The same could be said about the JSX but the Satch uses a distortion pedal on the clean channel - use to be a Boss DS-1 but now its the Vox Satchurator.

Joe Satriani doesn't even use the JSX, at least on his recordings.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i have a metal muff, the full version with the to boost. i love it. i'd sudgest looking into that before giving up on EH. i love mine, and it has a ton of gain.
Yes you can overdrive the dirty channel. I have a Bad Monkey and do exactly that. But for crushing metal tone at a reasonable volume, I like the sound of the Metal Master on the gain channel instead. It has the benefit of a lot less static as well.