Today, I came home from school and found out the my uncle had died. He was my godfather as well. I was okay until I made it up to my room, and then I bawled my eyes out, remembering various things about him and his life and the time I spent with him (not enough, I guess you don't understand that it's never enough until after someone's gone)

Anyway, afterwards, I wanted to play some guitar - I thought I could make myself feel a little better. Well, emotion's a prety good lubricant for writer's block, and this mp3 is something that came out of a 25 minute playing session. I recorded the playing because I thought it might be a good way to remember my uncle. In the final minutes, I hit on something that really sounded exactly the way I felt.

So I clipped it off the end of the file and uploaded it.

Just one note: I consider this piece somewhat exempt from criticism. While I was playing, I attempted to just forget theory and let my fingers do whatever they wanted. This is a piece played purely from soul for my uncle, so remember that before you nitpick it. If you enjoy it, I'd be glad to hear it. If not, just remember what you just read.

The song is in my profile, and if anyone's interested, I could upload the entire mp3 (I mean the entire 25 minute recording, might interest you if you're into like... flow of conciousness stuff) (its not that good - lots of angry whammy bar bashing and stuff that doesn't sound good. But I guess its as improvised as anything can be, and I put my heart into it. It was very therapeutic.)

Song's uploading now. It has not been edited apart from the removal from the rest of the recording. It will probably be in my profile before you finish reading this.

Edits: Yes, I would like to hear criticism. Don't let my previous statement make you feel otherwise.

Also, no, you sure as hell don't have to listen to the whole eight minutes. The last 2 minutes are actually just me talking - I forgot to edit that part out, and I do realize its just variations on the same theme, so I don't expect you to listen to eight minutes of relatively similar passages.

Also, I will C4C, just give me time to respond, the family's understandably busy right now.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Last edited by AgentWiggles at Sep 3, 2008,
ok good, when you said that there was a bunch of wammy crap i feared it was going to be a distorted song....which really doesnt fit. but i really like the way it turned out, i love when it gets loud to, hard strumming. i know what you mean though, the cure for writers block unfortunately is usually tragedy. i wrote a song based on tragedy as well,

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949805

if you want to listen