It sounds really bouncy. I want that really edgy hard cut rhythm that is in a lot of metal. If I traded in my MIA deluxe strat for a LTD would I regret it? Or should I stick with the strat and put mini humbuckers in it?

I have no emotional attachment with it so, I don't care if I part with it. I'm just wondering if it'd be a stupid trade in considering that LTD's are ESP's korean made cheapy models.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
It sounds really bouncy. I want that really edgy hard cut rhythm that is in a lot of metal. If I traded in my MIA deluxe strat for a LTD would I regret it? Or should I stick with the strat and put mini humbuckers in it?

I have no emotional attachment with it so, I don't care if I part with it. I'm just wondering if it'd be a stupid trade in considering that LTD's are ESP's korean made cheapy models.

i got a KH-602 and it was NOT cheap (around $1200 to be exact). Although made in Korea its just as good as the KH-2. almost the same. i compared them. but anyways get the LTD. cuz its cool.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by MetalliKH-602
i got a KH-602 and it was NOT cheap (around $1200 to be exact). Although made in Korea its just as good as the KH-2. almost the same. i compared them. but anyways get the LTD. cuz its cool.

I just wanted to hear some one say that
Quote by MetalliKH-602

Hey, get a new amp man, that MG/ Frontman isn't doing you any favors tonewise/
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If the LTD is a 1000 model, ie an EC-1000, then yea, i think it would be a good idea to. And if the LTD's price is close to what you think your MIA Strat is worth, go ahead. Mini-buckers, like a JB Jr, dont sound the same as a full-sized JB.
Quote by oneblackened
Hey, get a new amp man, that MG/ Frontman isn't doing you any favors tonewise/

QFMFT
Quote by RichieKotzen
QFMFT

English, not 1337 please?

Hmm, I would say it depends on the kind of sound you're trying to get dude.
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
English, not 1337 please?

Hmm, I would say it depends on the kind of sound you're trying to get dude.

um, I was talking to MetalliKH.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
which one holds value better...just asking. You may not care. Personally, I would put a full sized bucker in there before I gave my strat away. Thicker strings. new pedal. new amp. new whatever...but that is just me.

go with what feels better.
ive had an ltd ex-400 for years now, and i love it. for a hard edged sound, you need to go with humbuckers AT LEST. id sudgest emg's. i love my 81 and 60. they just churn out the metal sound i was craving.