and i'm going out for my schools team. i played last year, i was a linebacker, but i wanna be a lineman because im kinda big for a linebacker. any tips?
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Quote by smb
Try playing in goal.

hahaha.....
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Get fat and good at blocking.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Defensive or offensive? I would think for either you'd need to bulk up. You probably know more than I do about football training, but my cousin was a lineman, and he had to stay heavy at like 260-280 pounds or something, probably even more. Also, ask your coach?

Personally, I'd probably want to be defensive back, cuz you get to tackle those pussy receivers and catch interceptions
i never understood why anybody would WANT to be a lineman...
Call me Jack
Quote by st.stephen
Defensive or offensive? I would think for either you'd need to bulk up. You probably know more than I do about football training, but my cousin was a lineman, and he had to stay heavy at like 260-280 pounds or something, probably even more. Also, ask your coach?

Personally, I'd probably want to be defensive back, cuz you get to tackle those pussy receivers and catch interceptions

Defensive takle
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Golf's better, no running. Guys that don't play football flirt wit cho' gurl in the stands while you're playing with men in games.
Quote by srv_king

all you gotta do is hit people. fun and easy
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

um.. your going out for the team now?

our team stated 2-a-days like august 6th and our first practice was in spring.
our season opener is this thursday. idk what they do at your school but it may be to late to join the team.

wanna be a lineman? im a lineman and its not all about size, its about staying low, keeping your hands inside, and being quick off the ball
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
um.. your going out for the team now?

our team stated 2-a-days like august 6th and our first practice was in spring.
our season opener is this thursday. idk what they do at your school but it may be to late to join the team.

wanna be a lineman? im a lineman and its not all about size, its about staying low, keeping your hands inside, and being quick off the ball

im in 9th grade, first games in septmber 15 or somethin or other

ya i already know about lowness
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Last edited by Bullethead at Sep 2, 2008,
Quote by Bullethead
all you gotta do is hit people. fun and easy

fair enough
Call me Jack
Quote by srv_king

Crackback's and cheap shots....that's about it.

And btw, your trying out in early September? Jesus, my team started back in May.
My school is so pathetic, there's only 25 players total between JV and Varsity.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
linebacker? make sure your first step on every play is FORWARD thats the biggest mistake every linebacker makes
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
lol **** line seriously. Linebacker is by far the greatest position. I don't understand why you'd wanna leave it for standing around hitting pudgy ****s.

This is the best part of being a linebacker, a quote from the great Bobby Bouchet

"Well, first the quarterback gets the ball, and then I kill him...unless ofcourse he gives the ball to somebody else, in which case i try to tackle that person"

DONT SMOKE CRACK