Okay, so I play in an "experimental thrash alternative" band (we call it "dork metal").

Alot of the time, my beautiful bass slaps and rumbling lows are unheard, because of all the distortion that my guitarist uses, and I have a VERY loud drummer. (I'm sure some of you can relate)

I came across this:

Electro Harmonix Steel Leather Bass Enhancer

Do you think it would help my bass stand out more in the battlefield of noise that is band practice?
Have you tried dialing your mids and treble up a little more?

Sounds kind of obvious, but hey, ya never know.

As far as the bass expander goes - it couldn't hurt to try it out.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I boost the mids and trebles, it helps a bit, but I dunno. I'll try to find out a way without spending cash maybe, but the expander may be what I need.
Quote by DonWeaso
I boost the mids and trebles, it helps a bit, but I dunno. I'll try to find out a way without spending cash maybe, but the expander may be what I need.

Have you tried some hotter pickups, maybe?

If you're still using the Jazz's stock pickups, they very well may be what's keeping you from being heard.

I play in my school's jazz band, and I just couldn't hear myself playing no matter what I tried. My bass wouldn't cut through the mix.

Long story short, I threw a GFS Overwound P in my bass, and now I can hear my bass loud and clear.

Maybe it's worth a shot?
Now it's 1984
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Have you tried some hotter pickups, maybe?

If you're still using the Jazz's stock pickups, they very well may be what's keeping you from being heard.

I play in my school's jazz band, and I just couldn't hear myself playing no matter what I tried. My bass wouldn't cut through the mix.

Long story short, I threw a GFS Overwound P in my bass, and now I can hear my bass loud and clear.

Maybe it's worth a shot?

I was thinking about throwing in new pickups as well as a new bridge, I don't know if it would help cutting through, but I played a bass with a Badass II and I loved it.

EDIT: By the way, would a Badass II fit directly into where my current bridge is? Or would I have to have a shop take care of it?
Last edited by DonWeaso at Sep 2, 2008,
The BA will be a drop in for your current bridge. Also, consider the fact that you own a Behringer int his whole not being heard thing. It may very well be that you should think about investing in a new amp.
Quote by DonWeaso
I was thinking about throwing in new pickups as well as a new bridge, I don't know if it would help cutting through, but I played a bass with a Badass II and I loved it.

Yeah, the Bad Ass stuff is really nice.

It can't hurt. I would try the pickups first, though.
Now it's 1984
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Also, consider the fact that you own a Behringer int his whole not being heard thing.

I saw that coming...hehe. The Behringer isn't great, but I got it for a bargain.

If I were to get a new head, it'd be an Ashdown Little Giant methinks.

But I'm low on cash, so a new set of pups, a new bridge, or a new pedal...much more likely.
Quote by DonWeaso
I saw that coming...hehe. The Behringer isn't great, but I got it for a bargain.

If I were to get a new head, it'd be an Ashdown Little Giant methinks.

But I'm low on cash, so a new set of pups, a new bridge, or a new pedal...much more likely.

you'll punch easier and nicer with a new head.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
you'll punch easier and nicer with a new head.

I guess I could save up if it'd really be the best way.
Quote by DonWeaso
I guess I could save up if it'd really be the best way.

and the Behringer will blow out soon in all likelihood. so you'll have to replace it anyways.

sorry man.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
and the Behringer will blow out soon in all likelihood. so you'll have to replace it anyways.

sorry man.

It's lasted for three years...hm.

Ah well, I've been wanting a new one anyway.