So i just downloaded GR3 (ahem, not the most legal version, if you want to put it that way) and plugged my guitar in via a 1/4th to 1/8th connector into the back of my PC. I get sound with no program running (clean, obviously, but dull sounding). But when i open Guitar Rig 3, all i get are squeals and a lot of hum, not guitar signal. Maybe i just havent connected it to GR3 right, but i cant figure out how.

Anybody familiar with it?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Sep 2, 2008,
make sure your guitar rig 3 input is set to your wateve plug is called
cause it might b distorting or wateve your mike or wateve ur normal input is
It says both of the inputs are not connected, but i cant figure out how to get them connected. double clicking/right clicking doesnt do anything.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
download asio for all, using direct X makes it lag and sound like poo
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Downloaded Asio, the inputs are saying its connected, but i'm still not getting anything but noise when i try to use an amp model.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you get that noise when you play your guitar or all the time?

does that software have a level that you can swing input from amp/mic to mixer and back?

never used it, sorry.

the noise is there all the time when an amp model is selected.

And i'm not sure about the level thing, i'm about 2 hours brand new to this software.
Connect it to the line in not the microphone.
Also I would like to inform you that soundcards play a big part in Guitar Rig.
I tested it in like four pc's including one laptop and it only works on one pc.
The soundcard that works is an audigy 2. The other ones that don't work are motherboard soundcards.
These are facts, the problem is that i'm not sure how you will solve it and if your soundcard is capable of playing smooth via guitar rig.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
If you didn't plug your guitar into a line in port, you're utterly ****ed. That's how you completely ruin gear.

YOU HAVE TO PLUG YOUR GUITAR INTO A LINE IN port.

Also, as dungeon noted, if you don't have a dedicated sound card you're not going to get anywhere.