Im having a hell of a time finding a good holding position with my acoustic, i think cus its so big i cant really see where my fingers are. But im assuming its easier with an electric since their smaller you can kinda tilt them back to see the strings better?
hmm, never thought of that. Yes, they are definitely thinner. You should have an easier time, but I dont know how significant it would be. Also, guitars neck width can vary, and if you are playing a classical guitar, they are quite wide.
Electrics are alot easier to play. Guitars like strats are pretty thin, but still, guitars like Les Pauls are still pretty thick.
Quote by 5150EVH1984
Electrics are alot easier to play. Guitars like strats are pretty thin, but still, guitars like Les Pauls are still pretty thick.

Not really. The difference in thickness with a strat and a Les Paul are very minor. But point is, an electric guitar is MUCH easier to play than an acoustic. I don't think that's just my opinion either. Not only is it thinner, the action is usually lower and your hammer-on/pull-offs are much more pronounced.
Don't worry mate you are not alone. I also have trouble moving from electric, to acoustic. Especially from My BC Rich to a hard top. I find it's the thickness and my arm length. I am only 14 so that makes it a little harder i think. The thickness, along with sometimes glossy side also slips from my leg sometimes. I suggest you get yourself a strap and play the good 'ol fashioned, rocking, awesome standing position

With the fact of being easier to play - I say Definitely. Yeh, agreeing with your statement, viewing the frets. I think this makes a massive difference because that way you can see easier for harmonics, how close to the fret your fingers are, and also chord shaping. Don't you find that chords are much harder when you can't see which string your 4th is on etc.

Also to the guy who has the Les Paul. Gibson are shit i think. Over rated totally. The best distorted sound you get is from a pedal. But for Led Zep i guess is good, but anything else, pfft. Over a grand for them is bull. I have a BC Masterpiece Bich and it will blow any song away because it is metal, and distortion can go as low as acoustic so... got the lot
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Quote by toeinator
Gibson are shit i think.

Quote by toeinator
I have a BC Masterpiece Bich

Oh the irony!!
Quote by toeinator

I have a BC Masterpiece Bich and it will blow any song away because it is metal, and distortion can go as low as acoustic so... got the lot

what the hell does this mean?
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by toeinator
Also to the guy who has the Les Paul. Gibson are shit i think. Over rated totally. The best distorted sound you get is from a pedal. But for Led Zep i guess is good, but anything else, pfft. Over a grand for them is bull. I have a BC Masterpiece Bich and it will blow any song away because it is metal, and distortion can go as low as acoustic so... got the lot

You think Gibsons are shit for metal?

Listen to Entombed, Dismember, Grave and At The Gates.
love how people flame somebodys threads and imo guitars are personal opinions just about any guitar can be metal with the right setup lol and back to topic just raise ur right leg if it the leg you rest your guitar on
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w
Quote by eric crake
Im having a hell of a time finding a good holding position with my acoustic, i think cus its so big i cant really see where my fingers are. But im assuming its easier with an electric since their smaller you can kinda tilt them back to see the strings better?
I've gone from acoustic to electric, and the main difference for me is weight. The electric is heavier, and since I'm new to it, I'm still working out the right comfortable positions for me to practice with it. My acoustic, even though it's much larger, seems so much easier to "relax with" on my couch. But as others have said: the electric is far easier to play (action is much lower, etc.).
they're a lot less...huge. which makes it easier to hold an electric for me.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Quote by highlordmugfug
what the hell does this mean?

Agreed. As low as acoustic? Your guitar is metal? Well good for you. Mine's wood y'know
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack