Poll: Allow Inheritance or Dispersion?
Poll Options
View poll results: Allow Inheritance or Dispersion?
Dispersion
14 7%
Inheritance
185 93%
Voters: 200.
Page 1 of 3
I was thinking last night. If they made a new law that says people who die don't get to choose where their money goes, would that help out society a little?

I mean if a billionaire dies all his money is randomly dispersed to other people across the US. Rather then his son or daughter getting all the money.

I can't decide whether I would like this or not and there might be some problems. At first I couldn't decide whether it was wrong or not to take away people's decision on where their money goes. But they would be dead anyway so I doubt they would care.

After that I thought about having the money distributed to people around the neighborhood of the person that died but that could lead to people just killing their neighbors because they know they get a share of the cash.

So what does UG think? Would you like it if money was dispersed randomly after someone died, or would you like the people be able to just give it to their family or have a family member inherit it?
What's up?
If it was dispersed randomly, what would say, young spoiled children of the billionaire go? An orphanage?
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
half should go to charity, half to heirs, possesions all got to to heirs would be the best I think

or mayber percent going to heirs would depend on how much they need it

EDIT: **** that just give it to the heirs
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by JungIe
If it was dispersed randomly, what would say, young spoiled children of the billionaire go? An orphanage?

yeah, that seems to be the only benefit..
[SIZE=
Quote by JungIe

Yeah that's why I started thinking about this idea. Doesn't seem fair that some people don't have to work for anything. I'm well off but even I think inheritance is a little unfair.
What's up?
I can see the benefits of dispersion, but ultimately it would be unfair for a person to have no say in where his/her money goes. Especially if someone isn't crazy wealthy, and just has a small bit of stuff to give to their children. I suppose it could have a cutoff so only rich people were affected, but I don't know.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
Inheritance...if you earned the money and you became rich you have the right to choose where it goes. I'm not rich..none of my family is...but I'm working extremely hard to one day get there(my pop and I are having a race) and when I do get there I want to know that my children and their children will have what they need when I die.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

Dude, are you kidding? You can't take away a persons right to do as they wish with their own money.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
inheritance wont be bull**** when your parents die.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
No, it's the same thing. You can't just take 50% of their ****.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by HPLoveCraft
But they would be dead anyway so I doubt they would care.

I know i'd care if my money wasn't going to help any children I had when I died

Terrible idea imo
Quote by iantheman
half should go to charity, half to heirs, possesions all got to to heirs would be the best I think

or mayber percent going to heirs would depend on how much they need it

EDIT: **** that just give it to the heirs

sounds like a will to me, there are wills out there for a reason, use them. also its unfair if the millionaire dies and what happend if it was his daughter that was supposed to get it, and she was a single mom raising 3 kids.... hmmm sounds a little unfair. i personally think the law was made over greed and a secret agenda.
Quote by GiantRaven

Terrible idea imo

How wouldn't it help children? I mean someone who gets the money must have kids, or it might go to a charity organization.
What's up?
Quote by HPLoveCraft
How wouldn't it help children? I mean someone who gets the money must have kids, or it might go to a charity organization.

Quote by GiantRaven

Terrible idea imo

Key phrase.
Quote by convictionless
sounds like a will to me, there are wills out there for a reason, use them. also its unfair if the millionaire dies and what happend if it was his daughter that was supposed to get it, and she was a single mom raising 3 kids.... hmmm sounds a little unfair. i personally think the law was made over greed and a secret agenda.

Maybe she shouldn't have had three kids if she couldn't support them.
What's up?
People who have spent their entire lives to earn their money have the right to choose where it goes.

Even IF this was ever a law , people would just hide there money in secret accounts or just keep there money in there households/give there money to there successors when they felt they were nearing the point of demise.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Quote by HPLoveCraft

My children

Quote by Flying Couch
Key phrase.

Well yeah if I have no significant other or kids then I wouldn't really give a crap what happened to any money I had
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Doesn't seem fair that some people don't have to work for anything.

Yet, random people that didn't work for it should get it?

I disagree, I feel the person that did work for it and earned it should be able to decide what should happen with it. If something else HAD to happen with it, it should go to the government, not random people.
class BaseClass
{
};

class DerivedClass : public BaseClass
{
};
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Whether they worked or didn't, it belongs to the family... unless the millionaire says otherwise.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
*sniff sniff* do i smell... COMMUNISM?
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Imo if your country has hardly any middle class than this would be an option to help the economy. Otherwise people can do whatever they want with their money.
Quote by MangeRamone
*sniff sniff* do i smell... COMMUNISM?

Just a little bit.

But seriously, if a person has been given money or has earned it, they should be allowed to determine where that money is going to go after they die. After all, the government is synthetic. The family dynamic is a basic human instinct.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
I have a problem with inheritance because its kind of sick how people can just go party all they want from their parents hard work and have things so easy while doing no work just because they were born into wealth, and if you made it illegal then people would try to get around the system so I think the best idea is that.

-any monetary amount can only be inherited in special funds (that could only be used towards education or adequate housing or to meet basic needs)
-a large tax benefit is given to those who are set to donate a large percentage of their money to charity in their will
-heirlooms can be inherited

I know it still doesn't fix a lot of things but I think it would be better than what is in place now.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
A man makes a billion. It is his money. He determines what happens to it when he dies. If he wants to leave it all to his kids, then fine, the government should have no say in that and should not have the ability to tax it. Simple as that.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Um, well I think inheritance is probably morally right... but dispersion sounds so much more amusing. And beneficial. Although people would probably just give all their money to their kids and then kill themselves.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
The UK government almost do the 50/50 thing with inheritance tax as it is. Above a threshold that isn't particularly high, 40% if your wealth goes to the government when you die.

In many cases, this is likely to mean that unless you are either below the barrier or well over it, children may see their family home sold off in order to pay the tax, if enough of the wealth is tied up in the house.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
so basically its a 100% death tax
what dick thought of this idea, karl marx monkey butler?
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Maybe she shouldn't have had three kids if she couldn't support them.

What if she had three kids with a husband but the husband left her? Then is it her fault?
We would all die penniless if "dispersion" was in place.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
inheritance is much better.

how would you feel if your mom/dad spent their whole life working hard, and ended up being financially successful, having millions, or maybe billions, and then when they died all that money just got taken away and given to random people?

they worked for that money. its only fair that they decide where the money goes.

plus, if someone dies with $3 billion, and that gets spread out to millions of people...they wont get much at all.
This is a pointless question. People would find a way around it. Either give away all their money to family before they died, or have it allocated in some sort of a bond or business account or something. It would never happen. Plus, it's their money to do whatever the hell they want with.

Most importantly, it's only money. Who cares?

-J
It's not a question of what is good or helpful; it's a question of rights. Do you believe people have the right to decide what to do with their own money? Do you believe government has the right to take people's money away and redistribute it as it sees fit?
Death to Ovation haters!
Well it's a good idea in theory (charitable and it means we don't have more Paris Hiltons) but it would hinder a lot of poor families, and the people it's intended to work on would just put the money in bank accounts instead of writing a will. Plus, people kinda have a right to decide what happens to their legacy.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 3