finally I managed to finish my 1st instrumental song, inspired on WoW of course, it includes sounds from the original dungeon ^^

The Dread Citadel (Naxxramas)

SCREAM YOUR DYING BREATH!!!!
Last edited by Gacel at Sep 7, 2008,
hey that soudns really good. i like taht solo thing in the beginning and the main riff!!!!
Thanks for the crit.

The intro riff sounds awesome, really heavy and dirty. When the lead comes in tho it sounds a little wussy by comparison... too "pop-ish" or something? Sounds like a completely different song. The second time it comes in (after the laughing at 1:30) the sound is more what I was expecting and sounds cool.

As for splicing the WoW sounds in - the intro "the end is upon you" sounds really cool, most of the other sounds just sound like random crap tho. While I've played WoW I never did naxx so maybe they are meant to only make sense to ppl who have been there?

The guitar playing is good tho, as I said I'd just try to get that first solo guitar bit sounding more dirty and less "happy"
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Quote by Aitrus
As for splicing the WoW sounds in - the intro "the end is upon you" sounds really cool, most of the other sounds just sound like random crap tho. While I've played WoW I never did naxx so maybe they are meant to only make sense to ppl who have been there?

hehe thanks for listening, the quotes you can hear "The End Is Upon You", "Scream Your Dying Breath" and "Pray For Mercy" are real quotes from Kel'thuzad, and the other screams you can hear are also real sounds from the dungeon, I thought it was fitting really well :9

and make yourself a favour and get a lvl70 raid to Naxxramas and enjoy that awesome instance!!!! by far the best instance of the game.
i like the song overall, maybe since i dont play WoW personally then noises dont make sense to me, but still great job!
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
The lead doesn't really work with the chords underneath it. It doesn't make any melodic sense.
The main riff is pretty sweet though.
VERY tightly played rhythm part dude.

Recording wise, double track those rhythm parts. Play all the rhythm parts twice over, pan one hard left, and one hard right. That'll improve the sound of your recordings by the truck load.
Work on your drum programming, the parts are pretty generic at the minute. Just dragged and dropped from EZDrummer I presume?
If you want any more info on drum programming feel free to leave me a message.
My msn is on my page so add me if you want.
ive also never played WoW so most of the sayings sounded completely random to me. I think both guitars could use a bit more power to them (the rhythm could benefit a lot from more bass) so maybe try what dream pin said and layer and pan them.
Overall though it was pretty good playing, its a nice little tribute thing.
thanks for the crit man

never played or got into wow, everything before about 1:30 felt a bit plain, i think you need some chord changes in there to give it some more life. the leads i thought worked pretty well, the riffs were played pretty tight. being a song about wow, im guessing the sound effects are all from the game, you should add a heap of phrases like the disco song in warcraft 2 :P

on another note, is that a custom ESP V youve got? im guessing its not an alexi series because of the double pickups and the double pinstripe? :O
Thanks for the crit. I liked it. The opening riff was cool, the leads sounded decent but i didn't like your tone. Overall it's good.
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Quote by mynameisbatman
you're about 30 years old, play world of warcraft, and ruin songs inspired by it?

jesus christ

thats not all! im married and i have 2 daughters! ^^
Quote by Gacel
thats not all! im married and i have 2 daughters! ^^

well atleast you're not single at that age
Had some cool sounding leads throughout it, especially main/opening riff. Drum track sounded good with it too.
can anybody give me a link to a place where i can look at the new talent trees for rogues?